MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys just wanted to say high! I just picked up my raider on Saturday. It's still pretty cold here in Ohio but I managed to take her out anyway. What a bike!! This is going to be a great summer I can tell. Going to keep the bike stock for now cause I really spent the mother load on this one. But it's so cool as it is I feel honored to have one in my garage.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You lucky b... I bought one too, but mine still at the dealer. Let me welcome you to this site.
Safe riding, It is going to be a good summer. Here at Long Island NY, we have beautiful summers at Hampton.

This is one beauty that is going to shine there. What color is your? Mine is Blue. I bought a lot of accessories that some of them still on back order. So enjoy your. We talk again.
Ben

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is raven black. I actually looked at the blue one for weeks but then got the black one instead. They are all cool to look at though.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. There's nothing more exciting than bringing a new ride home. Welcome to MBF. BTW, everyone knows black bikes are faster. ;) Let's see a pic!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey everyone,

I bought mine while i was home on leave from Iraq. I got to ride it from the dealer to the house. It seems to handle great. Mine is the Candy Apple Red w/flames. I put a 240 on the rear instead of the 210 from the factory. I've got stuff on back order also. I hope by the time I get back home they will have put them on. I can't wait for the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Dan -

Welcome the MBF, it's awesome to have you on board!

We'll definitely keep you updated as the new stuff comes out.

Raven - we're glad to see you here representing the darker side ;). Where in Ohio are you?

We need pics of both of your rides for the owner's gallery

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:ricky: Thanks NJ!! I am from the Akron area. We had a bike show acouple of weeks ago in Cleveland and I saw a raider decked out in new Cobra straight pipes and custom wheels. I think it had a 240 rear tire. There seems to be alot of talk about the rear end look. I don't seem to mind the black plastic in the back. I just installed a chrome plate bracket and that seems to look pretty good against the black backround.

·
Registered
113 Posts
armydan02 said:
Hey everyone,

I bought mine while i was home on leave from Iraq. I got to ride it from the dealer to the house. It seems to handle great. Mine is the Candy Apple Red w/flames. I put a 240 on the rear instead of the 210 from the factory. I've got stuff on back order also. I hope by the time I get back home they will have put them on. I can't wait for the summer.
How/where did you get a 240 tire from? Did you have to customize anything?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dazz I just saw it on a bike at the show near my hometown. I have no clue where the dealer got the parts from. This bike had custom paint and new wheels too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
240 is one the customization that you can do without any modification. It is under factory bulletin.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blue Angel---A 240 rear tire may fit ok on the raider but didn't the design team go for a smaller tire to keep the bike more controllable? I mean they would have put a wider tire on for bragging rights but this team was looking more for performance then looks. A wider tire in the back looks really cool but affects turning.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes on one of the test ride I thought I heard mentioning that 240 fits but not recommended, they said it makes the bike a little unstable.
I love it the way it is. The shape of the pipe and the hole thing is perfect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is pretty cool. Like I said before it is almost as fun just looking at the bike in the garage as riding it. This guy told me that with the exup valve in the exhaust stream I can expect the bike to really hall ass. I have not been able to ride much except around the block afew times so I really don't no how fast it is. Just look at it this way, Yamaha built the VMAX almost two decades before. That was a killer bike. :ricky:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have also read that a wider tire makes it unstable. I think I will keep it factory. Thanks for the input. ;D I have yet to purchase my Raider do to the fact I also live in Ohio and the weather has been something. :rant-rave: My time will come soon. ;D

·
Registered
194 Posts
NJ, stop talking about it like that son, I feel like I have a butterfly in my stomach. At least you guys try that sucker and you know how it feels. Hell some of you even have a bike already. This is my 1st and weather is still too cold and shower every other day, plus some of my parts are back order and my bike still at the dealer.
I have to start the 1st payment in two weeks.

Just kidding, the more you talk about it, the more exited I'll be to get mine hopefully this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Don't worry bro, your time will come ;) Take your time, be careful, and you'll get the most out of your incredible ride...

I was out in your neck of the woods today, and trust me, the weather's no better here in Jersey.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was riding a V65 Magna V4. This bike should actually be quicker because of the larger displacement. This bike is so awesome. NJ I like the revision those guys did to the rear end. The plate frame has leds to illuminate the plate. This mod shows off more of the fat back tire. No kidding guys read that review where the Rocker, Raider and Victory Vegas shoot it out. They show the backsides of all three bikes the Raider having the 210 and the other guys had the 240. You couldn't really see a differance in size.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Raven -

Glad you like the fender mod - there's more to come. We'll be doing stage 2 next week - completely removing the plate and blinkers from the fender, moving the plate to the side, and integrating the turn signals into the tail. We'll completely free up the view of the tire.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can't wait to see that. Should look really nice on it. That back tire is something. :coolsmiley:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts