MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to see what you new Raider owners out there are doing.

Pipes, FI modules, intake, fender/licenese plate bracket removal, pegs, grips?

Got an email from Cobra saying that the Speedster Slashdowns for the Roadliner are available for the Raider, and that a pair of swept pipes will be available Feb 08.

Vance and Hines said to look for some new stuff in May/June.

I'm thinking that Cobra's FI2000R, V&H FuelPak, and Dobeck's Techlusion TFI for the Roadliner/Stratoliner should work for the Raider as well.

Ride Safe

Luke
08 Raider - Black

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm pretty good fabricator I'm thinking of making a side mount plate holder out of stainless and relocating the stock blinkers or getting some little aftermarket ones to the finder and then getting rid of all that plastic hanging down so you can see more of the fat back tire what you think?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely anything to unhide that gorgeous wheel! I'd say go for it.

If you'd rather leave the work to somebody else, Performance Edge has a cool option. They take your stock Tail Light (not aftermarket) and integrate the turn signals into it. It's a really clean installation, and looks awesome. I spoke with them last week, and they're finishing final development on a side mount plate as well.

you can link to them here. The Raider stuff is still new, and not on their site yet, but you can definitely contact them.

www.performanceedge.us

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AO -

I had a thought ( :eek:) about what you said about relocating the blinkers to the fender -

If you decide to take that route instead of the combination blinker/tail light assembly, definitely check out Kuryakyn Silver Bullet lights and Adapter Studs. The Studs are cool because they are threaded on one end for the lights, and the other end for the bolts that go through the fender struts. The studs are hollow to accomodate the wiring. In effect, you'll replace your existing fender bolts with these studs and the installation of the lights is totally clean. We used them on my wife's Shadow with success.

(also, check your PM's)

·
Registered
326 Posts
i think i would like the integrated tail/blinker better for that really clean look thanks for the help

·
Registered
194 Posts
Look at this following, some guy from Florida just posted on the clinic web site:
http://roadstarclinic.com/component...Itemid,187/func,view/catid,49/id,66241/#66241
Re:Yamaha Raider 8 Hours, 7 Minutes ago
Took a Raider out for a demo at Daytona... I went "two up" with the misses... Oh poor her!
The guide turned to me, just before we pulled out of the lot and said, "You're right behind me... you got the best seat in the house... Just listen to my pipes and keep up..." So, I'm thinking... OK maybe this will be more fun than being in the back of the pack...

WHOLLY CATS! Man, Oh Man! What a ride...! Six Flags couldn't even come close to this thrill ride!

We were doing 50 on an empty back road when I heard to guide down shift into fourth and throttle up... I figured he was only going to goose it a little so I was a little slow on the uptick... When I realized he was making a "run", I kicked it into third, twisted the throttle back full and ZOOM! My cheeks were flapping in the breeze! Next think I know, I was in fourth and doing eighty with fifth to go and the guide was still pulling away, So I went for it, with misses hanging on for all she was worth, just a hootin and hollerin like she was on a mechanical bull ride! She was having as much fun as I was...! (Although, I gotta say... At one point, I think I looked in the rear view and saw her legs flapping in the wind back there!) And, I'm not too certain, but if it weren't for the shape of those cafe' racer handle bars, that thing has... we may have both been sitting on the Stratoliner that was a little speck in the rearview at this point,

Man! anyone who's thinking about getting one of these rockets needs to do two things before they take delivery... First, take the astronaut training course and second, get a specialty license plate that says "TROUBLE" on it...

BTW: I still have a grin...

He just Gave me the great idea about my License plate. I'll post the picture next week.

·
Registered
326 Posts
thats a good one my wife would have a heart attack she cant stand when i do stuff like that :naughty:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Can any one give me suggestion about the licenses plate name. It has to be 6 character including spacing.
I want something eye catching to bring the meanness of this bike.

I have tried a lot of them some have been taken.
Any thought appreciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
lololo :D :D :D :D
Thx, but I am open to more suggestions.....
I want something to say this Bull is nasty....Mean.
Some suggested "TROUBLE", but that's seven letters and I need Six.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With custom plates, it's all about creative abbreviation - no need to spell out the word -

like TRUBLE or TRBULL - people will know exactly what you're getting at... :icon_twisted:

or BADBLU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts