MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS BAD BOY FOR A WHILE. I HAVE READ MANY ITEMS ON THE FORUM AND HAVE READ ABOUT SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WITH BIKE( OIL LEAKS, RATTLES IN LIGHT, STALLING ETC.)

HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND.

THANKS ALL, HAVE A BLESSED DAY

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Crash -

Thanks for checking us out. I'm probably not the most objective person to be responding to this, but here goes, but I'll throw in my .02

First, to address the problems that you mentioned, they have all been somewhat minor difficulties, easily solved by either the owner of the bike, or the dealer under warranty. This forum is populated by an amazingly diverse and intelligent bunch of riders and is incredible for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the ability to find an answer to any question and a solution to any problem you'll run into, usually in less than 24 hours. If you have a problem, somebody here will offer a solution. Most of the problems encountered can be attributed to the growing pains associated with a new model motorcycle.

Growing pains aside, riding the Raider is an experience not offered by other bikes. The all-out styling, combined with handling and braking abilities found on this motorcycle are something unique. It's very rare indeed to find these types of qualities in a bike with a raked-out fork and fat rear tire. Then, of course, there's the power - though the subject of light debate, there is no question that the Raider is either the #1 or #2 quickest stock V-Twin cruiser you can buy - period.

While the aftermarket is still catching up, there are a lot of accessories already on the market, with more to come, that will allow you to truly customize it in a way that reflects your personal taste.

...you'll love this bike...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stop looking! Get it.....ride it! You'll never want to get off it! Not only is it a great looking bike, has power that throws you back but it also drives like a dream! My father in law thought his VTX 1800 was the best bike.... until he rode up to the dealer with it to meet me picking up my Blue Raider S! Now all he says is his bike looks like $hit next to mine!

Haven't had ANY problems with the bike. Only issue I've had is with getting the Yamaha accessories from the dealership. Almost everything is on back order and they keep pushing the dates back. But, that's what comes with a new bike model.

Oh yeah.... throw some Jet Blue racing fuel in it and really listen to it growl and take off!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
One thing I might add is all bikes have their quirks and or minor issues. You can go in any forum for any make and model ever made and you will find they all have their little idiosyncrasies. Don't let the little things you read scare you. Yamaha makes a great product and I know you won't be disappointed. For the last couple years I've been into Adventure Touring type bikes but if I got another cruiser in would be the Raider hands down.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think you're already sold on the raider.
You just need the guts to sign the check. Just do it!
Any pain associated with forking the money over disappears as soon as you ride it.
I'm talking from experience. I don't even remember how much money I've spend over the last three months.
Chromed wheels are coming this week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We dont need to sell you on the bike.
Go check the bike out in person, test ride it, look @ it carefully. Then go check out other bikes and do the same.
The Raider will sell itself.
I did this when I bought mine. I had a C50, the most uncomfortable bike Ive ever owned BTW. I checked out the raider, rode it. Then I checked out the Superduke, B King, CBR 1000. Yes vastly different bikes but I have ridden all types of bikes and wanted to be absolutely positive that the new bike was the one that fit me perfectly in 90% of the ridiing I do.
Sure the above mentioned bikes are faster in almost every type of riding but not one of them was as comfortable and there are speed limits that I do try to obey. The Raider is hands down the nicest cruiser out by any manufacturer IMO. And the engine is superb, tons of torque, very smooth, trans is flawless.
Go see for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts