MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I am really tempted to try the Hard Chrome black ceramic pipes. Has anyone here purchased these, have them loaded and with sound bytes for us to listen to?
Between the Cobra slashdowns and the dragsters I'll have to go with the slashdowns. Sounds like those would be a bit more tame and not so harsh sounding. Any comments on that question?
Thanks much,
Ken

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ken,
I posted in the exhaust sound clips thread a clip of my slashdowns. I put the baffles back in them when that clip was taken, and when they are in they are not unbearable. Myself I like loud, but I was pissing the neighbors off without them in so since I have to live here I put them back. I really like them, but you can take a listen. One thing to consider is that I have scraped my slashdowns several times...and it looks as if the dragsters sit higher off the ground. Just an FYI

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks eian,
I've been reading your posts and did listen to your bike a couple times.
I like it.
Actually is sounds about like the swepts perhaps better.
I really want black pipes and was hoping to find that the Hard Chromes were a good
sounding pipe but with the black benefit.
For now I may try the Slashdowns.
What is loud with baffles in compared to the stockers?
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well compared to stock these will scream. With the stockers I sometimes wondered if the bike was even running.
The clip you heard was with the baffles in and they are a nice low rumble at idle and at cruising speeds. Nothing that is going to blow your ears off, but when you get on it you know they are there. They sound great to me with or without baffles but I am going with to appease the neighbors...............for now :icon_twisted:

·
Registered
826 Posts
LOL, I know, I know but I don't want them topoison the dog or anything!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I put them back in cause without them whenever I pull into my driveway it sets their car alarm off, with them in it doesn't do it unless I rev it a bit. Normally I wouldn't give a sh!t but you never know what people are capable of, they have already said something to me about it and we have had some issues in the past.....so I am just trying to keep things civil.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Your a good man Eian.Now how bout inventing something like the Mccuff for pipes that you can take out when your away from civilization. Have you guys ever used the old washer in the end of the pipe trick?? Naw, probably screw up the o2 readings for the ECU..Like your new avatar Eian. :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
Have you seen the mccuff b4? I actually have used the washer in the tailpipe trick but never on a fuel injected bike with all the computer goodies. I will start work on a set of quick release baffles in the morning. Look for a release date sometime in early 2014. I like to be thorough!! :icon10:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ken,
I have Hardkrome Stripper pipes in black on my bike. I can tell you that it gave me look I wanted and the sound was better than I had hoped for. I don't know how to record video and sound tracks on the computer :shrug:,otherwise I would do that for you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
eian31 said:
Have you seen the mccuff b4? I actually have used the washer in the tailpipe trick but never on a fuel injected bike with all the computer goodies. I will start work on a set of quick release baffles in the morning. Look for a release date sometime in early 2014. I like to be thorough!! :icon10:
AHHH Just before V & H releases the big radius!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I really don't understand needing to put the baffles back in. If I idle through my neighborhood there is no problem at all. It is pretty quiet. These cobra swepts are not near as loud as the sampsons on my warrior. I could never even think of putting the baffles back in!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Bigdog,
You have performed a great service to this forum by posting the photos and the sound.
Thank you so much.
You have made my mind up that If I go black it will be Hard Chrome.
What retailer did you buy these through? Your dealer?
Best,
Ken

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.