MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Happy Easter to all. I had a chance to get my Raider out for a ride and put about 40 miles on it Saturday. It is a Bad A-- ride and love it. It is going to take a little getting used to. I went from a 92 XV1000 to that power house. Back road turns at highway speeds will take some getting used to. The rake and long wheel base make you feel like you are going to fast into corner but if you learn to get over the fear for the length of the bike she will sweep right around like most bikes. Happy Easter again. Hey did I mention I work for Gertrude Hawk Choc. I make all the centers for there candy. PB is the best.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Happy Easter to you. I have that same issue, dealing with corners. Went from a small Vstar classic to this monster and with the differnt wheelbase and rake, it does feel like you are going to fast. But with all bikes you will learn how they go and their line. But the Radier is bad a-- bike! Love it! The best bike I've had. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
i also went from small v-star (the 650 classic) but to me the raider is much easier to ride therw the cruves then the classic was and ive also noticed it dosent follow gruves in payment like the classic did i fugure its the wider back tire but the front doesnt do it either

·
Registered
343 Posts
Went riding again yesterday and got going through the curves alot better. I think it was just a mental thing, but the bike does handle better than the VStar 650. that's what I had also. The Raider is so much much better. :clap2:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a V*1100 also, it is a big differences riding my Raider. The length does make it a little interesting in the corners until you get used to it. Love this bike. :icon_razz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts