MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.
I would like to ask for advice on handlebars for the Raider

I want to change out my bars to something that allows for a more comfortable ride.
I need at least 5" of pullback in the grips. Height the same if possible.

Any thoughts?

Some have mentioned Flanders, one mentioned VTX bars.

Also, with bar change we need to have new wiring harness.

Can you order the Roadliner or Stratoliner wires and get a length that allows for pull back?
If so, how much?
Any yamaha mechanics on line here?

Best,

Nomadken

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been considering a similar question. Is there a way to raise the handlebars straight up - not up AND back?

·
Registered
90 Posts
No.... You may be able to purchase the roadliner harness but first you'd need to find out how long the raider's is compared to how long the roadliner's is. You're going to have to cut/splice the wiring harness any way you look at it Ken and most likely new hydraulic lines as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with Yamaha today. They tell me that the Roadliner/Stratoliner wiring harness is not the same connectors as the Raider. I can't see why but perhaps they are right. I put in the same question to my dealer, waiting to hear from them tomorrow.

I am looking at bars now. pretty sure I may go with the Honda VTX 1800 C bars.
These, according to Flanders, have the same dimensions except they are 12" pull back instead of the 7" we have "supposedly" with the Raider.
I must lean back when riding and settle into my Star custom solo seat or I won't keep this bike. It's just too uncomfortable to ride this bike for any length of crusining without a change in the bars.
I'm willing to pay my electrician to help me rewire the thing and to even have custom bars welded up just to make this happen.
Next, I need a very nice tall windshield to cut that wind buffeting and highway speeds. Around town I love it without a shield but on the highway it's just too much for my neck and shoulders.
I know, I'm a panzy, go ahead and say it.
Actually I get tired of paying my Chiropractor to pop my neck after I ride the Raider!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm only 5'10'' and I feel the need for the same...to have the bars further back so I'm more comfortable in the saddle. In Myrtle Beach last week I came across the Helibars (www.helibars.com) folks. The are adjustable handlebars that look pretty cool. I played around with them a little bit and I liked the functionality. Their website is not that great and most of the metric bikes they have the bars for are for the crotch rockets. When I talked with them in MB they said they don't have them for the Raider yet but said possibly this summer (like all the other accessory makers).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts