MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang.

My brother, god bless his heart, gave me a Gremlin Bell. (I love my big bro!) Unfortunately, I never had one, therefor i don't know where or how to hang it. Front or back? High or low? Tight or lose? Help!!!!! JK

Any ideas?

:ne_nau:

·
Registered
235 Posts
i think IMO its wherever you want it. i have seen them front and back mostly... a hung mine tight enough to stay but a little loose so it can be seen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Question:
I received a bell as a gift. Where do I hang it on my motorcycle?
Answer:
The most popular place to hang the bell is low on the frame somewhere just behind the front wheel. That being said, we have seen them on handlebars, sissy bars, hanging off of turn signals - you name it. Just be sure that you hang it in a location where it will not interfere with the safe operation of your motorcycle.
If you believe in the legend of the gremlin bell it makes sense to hang it as low to the ground as possible so that when the gremlins fall out of the bell they fall to the road and not back on to part of your bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sleepercell said:
If you believe in the legend of the gremlin bell it makes sense to hang it as low to the ground as possible so that when the gremlins fall out of the bell they fall to the road and not back on to part of your bike.
I would say to mount it at the bottom of the down tubes so when they fall out they not only hit the ground right away to stun them they will also get squashed by the 210 so they can't jump onto someone elses ride. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I hung it up right above the oil filter. I want it to be seen, it's a bad a$$ bell. I am just not sure about that leather hangie-thingie... Plastic tie may be the way to go.

"Smoke a fatty like a 210" BTW Lunch, If you and I both are burning two 210's next to each other, it must be 420 time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I hung mine on the lower hole of the license plate. Might have to move it cause it keeps getting covered with black from the tire. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ao said:
i hung mine on the little metal loop that the rear break line runs threw ;D
Front or back, ao?

VB

·
Registered
373 Posts
I too hung mine above the oil filter. And If you listen real hard you can here the bastards getting caught in there. LOL.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's funny Rick. Did you use that leather strap that came with is, or the plastic ties? I noticed that metal bar gets hot a bit, and I'm afraid that it will burn that strap, and I will lose the bell.

VB

·
Registered
373 Posts
Impaler said:
That's funny Rick. Did you use that leather strap that came with is, or the plastic ties? I noticed that metal bar gets hot a bit, and I'm afraid that it will burn that strap, and I will lose the bell.

VB
I used plastic ties, my bell isn't a gremlin bell. My neighbor gave this one to me, it has the emblem of the US army on it, really cool. I gave a gremlin bell to a friend of mine and I think he hung it in the same place with the plastic strap. Haven't heard if he has had any problems with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used small key chain split rings and attached both my bell and bike cross in the beautifully open area above the front cylinder. They are small enough to not clutter up the opening and nice and visible.

And when I an going as slow as the black or red models, I can actually hear the bell................

·
Registered
562 Posts
I drilled a hole in the plastic horn. Used the round key ring to hang it. It's down low and forward this way, nice and visible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL, you know what's funny ? All H.D.s come with a hole in one of the fenders to hang a bell on . Must be superstitious , or maybe they have a lot of experience with problemed bikes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would hate to speculate on here but I have my opinons on why they need them. However after Honda taught them how to build a motor they have been much better. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
17 Posts
eian31 said:
I would hate to speculate on here but I have my opinons on why they need them. However after Honda taught them how to build a motor they have been much better. :icon_razz:
Yeah, I know. I used to own one, just poking a little

1 - 19 of 19 Posts