MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this question in another thread but it is not gettin answered and I want to get it done so that I can go on a long ride tomorrow.
I am installing new Jardin grips and I need to glue the left one on. No glue came with them and the left grip has two little set screws but I don't trust them cuz one is already stripped.
So Please, can someone please tell me what kind of glue to use and how much to put this grip on.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Kury's came with a bottle called Death Grip I used enough to coat the inside of the grip and the used a zip tie to spread it all the way around and stuck it in place.
Makse sure to cover the tank just in case some dips out the end. The Death Grip looked smelled and acted just like super glue to me so I would say if you cant find the DG a tube of super glue would work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I saw a mod page somewhere (not specific to the Raider) that showed new grips being put on with hair spray, believe it or not. I guess if the grips are tight enough you lubricate with the hairspray to get them on and then when it dries it holds them in place. This might have have been specific for certain grips, I don't know....I just thought I'd put it out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
eian31 said:
The Kury's came with a bottle called Death Grip I used enough to coat the inside of the grip and the used a zip tie to spread it all the way around and stuck it in place.
Makse sure to cover the tank just in case some dips out the end. The Death Grip looked smelled and acted just like super glue to me so I would say if you cant find the DG a tube of super glue would work.
My bottle was dried out so I used regular super glue. Didn't use enough the 1st time so the left grip came loose riding down the road. 2nd time I used about half a tube, rolling it around. Use an air hose to clear out any moisture if you have one available.

·
Registered
157 Posts
VtwinWS6 said:
I saw a mod page somewhere (not specific to the Raider) that showed new grips being put on with hair spray, believe it or not. I guess if the grips are tight enough you lubricate with the hairspray to get them on and then when it dries it holds them in place. This might have have been specific for certain grips, I don't know....I just thought I'd put it out there.
I have used chain lube before. The kind that sets up so as not to fly off the chain works good.

·
Registered
671 Posts
stop at your dealer and ask them for grip glue, works great

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hair spray? I haven't heard or seen that used since I was a kid. Almost forgot about that little trick. Thats the way I can remember my dad putting on our grips when I was a kid, seemed as if it worked I can't recall any coming lose going down the trails. As cheap as glue is I think I would go that route.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, I wasn't going to post this because I figured you had already some tomething by now.
I noticed, when I took off my stock grips from my SHadow that the glue was still semi-soft. That got me to thinking. First of all, the new grips should fit really tight. Secondly, I think if and when I do another set I'll use some sort of rubber cement. In my experience it never fully 'hardens'. That is - it doesn't go solid like superglue. For me - all I want is the grip to 'stay put' and not fall off. The rubber cement looks like it'll do what I want - solidify enough to hold the grip, but be flesible enough to take off if and when I want to take it off in the future (ie - change handlebar).
That's my two cents worth.
Think Pink.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts