MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on gear oil selection, will 80w-90 work in place of straight 80w?. I have had my Raider for two weeks and I am at 1500 miles now and I want to change all my fluids to synthetic. The only gear oil I have been able to find from AMSOIL is 80w-90. I asked the dealership service department and they only carry 80w-90. The guys at CycleGear all think that 80w-90 is fine for an 80w application. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey ****, i work at an automotive dealership(bmw, audi, porsche) in the parts department, and as far as car diffs go, you cannot replace the hypoid c fluid with synthedic. doing so on these cars has resulted in rear end damage and voids the warranty. i don't see it being different in this case. just my experience.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm sure this is not the case for star motorcycles. Just check out the RSWARRIOR 4m. These guys, and myself have all put synth in the gearbox and it really makes the shifting much smoother!
the Amsoil 80w-90 is the stuff to use! Thats what I will be putting in as soon as I can find some!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts