MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a new gas tank for my Raider. Anyone know of any after-market gas tanks available for the Raider? Or does anyone have any experience with fitting a Warrior gas tank to a Raider? Although the Warrior solution is not ideal as I'm looking for that profile/line/shape but more fuel capacity.

Also, I want to get rid of the tank-mounted instrument. Any after-market speedos, light clusters available?

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
taxman702 said:
why not just get a Warrior?

Had one now for 6 years! A gas tank alone doesn't make a motorcycle. The Warrior and Raider are different beasts, in terms of Performance, Handling and Rideability and looks.

I want a certain look for my Raider, and it is not a Warrior clone I'm lookin' for! The Warrior tank is an option I'm looking at if I can't get a good quality after-market tank.

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
640 Posts
scooter said:
taxman702 said:
why not just get a Warrior?

Had one now for 6 years! A gas tank alone doesn't make a motorcycle. The Warrior and Raider are different beasts, in terms of Performance, Handling and Rideability and looks.

I want a certain look for my Raider, and it is not a Warrior clone I'm lookin' for! The Warrior tank is an option Im looking at if I can't get a good quality after-market tank.

Cheers,

Scooter
You might want to check out Dakota Digital for different gauges. They have some nice combo setups. This page in particular:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=366/home_id=60/mode=cat/cat366.htm

I think the gas tank is gonna be a b*tch to find because of the configuration. You might end up having to get one fabricated which will cost many $$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops...thanks for the info...

Scooter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
photo said:
whats wrong with the tank?
Too small, don't like the chrome strips and chrome centre piece, sits too high. Speedometer looks like a sixties alarm clock!

When I bought the bike it was one of three things I didn't like. The other two are the headlight brackets and the rear fender struts. Relatively easy fixes that will be changed within a year.

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
photo said:
chrome strips are double sided tape. easy remove
Thanks...that's my first mod...

Cheers,

Scooter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts