MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, just traded in my '07 Vstar classic for this beast. Wow what a difference! Love the bike. Just got it 2 days ago and have already put 162 miles on it. It is so much fun to ride, the power and just the looks people give you. So anyway, I was wondering what every one was averaging for a full tank. It seems on mine that I get about 100 miles on a tank, is that about right? Thanks for this forum and the other website. Alot of good ideas and helpful info on them. I did do the sticker removal and it does work great. Going to do the tag plate next. Happy riding to everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Mudslide -

Thank you for checking us out, and welcome!

The jury's still out on the mileage issue, we're gonna have to wait until after the break-in period to get some real-world numbers.

Ride safe, let us know if you have any questions, and of course, send me some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks NJRaider. I'll post some when I can.

39 miles nice, I read that it averages around 26 to 30, so I guess 100 is ok for now. Like you said though, after the break in, it change some. Can't wait to ride it some more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 850 miles on mine and just had it serviced for the first time. Before I had it serviced me and some buddies went on a pretty fast ride sometimes 100 + and was getting 39 miles per gallon. Idid not think that was to bad, I only got about 44 with my v* 1100. Just bought the patrick racing BAK and the doebeck fuel injection control, have not installed yet. Still can not decide on the pipes I may go with the DG Hardkrome 2into1 side burners for 599.00. Would still have to wait another month on the Cobra swepts, tired of waiting. Have also installed the integrated taillight and a side mount license plate that curves around the rear pulley that has running lights and a brake light, it sure opened up the tire, and looks real good.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Sooner -

Big fan of the Dobeck TFI. 8)

Where did you get the BAK from? I was hoping it would be available, but due to the location of the airbox and lack of intake ducting to the outside of the bike, I didn't think it was going to be possible to that type of setup

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm getting about 120-130 miles on a tank right now. Just normal driving with the occasional burst of power off the line. Just got over 720 miles on the bike now and it is a week old today. Can't wait for the break in period to be over to see what she really can do. 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey everyone I installed the Patrick racing BAK and the Doebeck techlusion fuel controller. Wow!!!!! what a difference glad i installed these two items. It took me about 3 hours to install both. Next project I am going to attempt is to install an S&S teardrop carb cover with Flames and 113ci. on the right side in place of the stock cover. It should be here this week so I can install it. Sen this done to the Raider on another site and it looked really good.

·
Registered
826 Posts
soonerfanru2 said:
Hey everyone I installed the Patrick racing BAK and the Doebeck techlusion fuel controller. Wow!!!!! what a difference glad i installed these two items. It took me about 3 hours to install both. Next project I am going to attempt is to install an S&S teardrop carb cover with Flames and 113ci. on the right side in place of the stock cover. It should be here this week so I can install it. Sen this done to the Raider on another site and it looked really good.
Do you have any picks of the BAK and fuel controller mod that you did, I am interested to see the final look of it?
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Soonerfanru2

I'm interested in the TFI. Haven't found a model listed for the Raider. Did you install Model TFI-2050ST which is for the Roadliner/Stratoliner?

Thanks
Photo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most of my friends ride Harleys. By comparison I thought my Raider was pretty thirsty (averaging about 120 miles before the "Fill Me Up" light came on.) Then it occurred to me the Harleys have about a one gallon advantage. The Raider's fuel tank is 4.1 gallons and the Harleys are cruising with 5 gallon fuel tanks. It's my only complaint with the Raider...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.