MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't like the wings hanging out of my front forks. would like to find a better turn signal i think Ive check every web site. i did how ever find one set i liked at custom dynamics witch wrap around the forks but the raider has 46mm forks and they don't make them for that size. so can anyone help or point me in another direction???

·
Registered
12 Posts
They're easy to remove. Just take them off and leave them off -- front and rear. I've never used signals on a cycle -- they're useless as tits on a boar -- traditional hand signals work just fine. Looks so much cleaner without them -- less expensive than buying new ones too!

Mr. Max

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
There are a number of options available from Kuryakyn and others. Kuryakyn has their Silver Bullet series of lights, which can be installed on the front forks using their P-clamps. Forum member Big Easy did a really clean job using this method.

You can also mount the Silver Bullets on the inside of the fork, next to the headlight, so that they do not stick out on the side.

·
Registered
499 Posts
They're easy to remove. Just take them off and leave them off -- front and rear. I've never used signals on a cycle -- they're useless as tits on a boar -- traditional hand signals work just fine. Looks so much cleaner without them -- less expensive than buying new ones too!
Not an option in Texas... it would fail the yearly inspection. :mad:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mr. T,

I am a GM for a Texas Yamaha dealer. We do not have to have blinkers to pass inspection, but if it has blinkers they must work.

Brent

·
Registered
41 Posts
I search for days to find Bullet light turn signal brackets for the 46mm fork tubes on the Raider and nobody sold them. So, I had to design them myself for the front and back. The front I used Chrome P-Clamps 1 3/4(46 mm from J&P Cycles part no. 4400191) I had to redrill the holes a little bit bigger so the stem of th bullet lights would slide threw p clamp holes. on the back of the bike I made small straight brackets about 2 1/2"lenght, by 1" wide drill two holes, one for signal to fit and other slips over the rear fender accent allen bolt, then I put a locking nut on that bolt to hold bracket in place.

Warning when you install front LED Turn Signals you lose the front running lights on many of the aftermarket turn signals (you need to install a eclipze module or load equalizer).
I hope these photos will show you the brackets better.
"Bullet lights are (J&P Cycles LED mini Bullets part no. 5200535 front, and 5200536 on back.

"http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/SeeyaQQ/MyRaider006.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/SeeyaQQ/MyRaider012.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts