MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Yamaha has been an absolute failure when it comes to accessories, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a passenger backrest setup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Watch ebay, I bought the whole thing from a guy there and had it in about 3 days, the entire setup from yamaha list for around 550'ish and I think I gave around 450'ish.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it doesn't have to be the Yamaha setup you can always go with the Cobra's. I have the Cobra standard backrest. Doesn't have the quick release feature but for $249 it's a lot more affordable and my wife loves the support.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine to come in too.. anyone know when to expect them? The dealer hasn't a clue when their coming in..

·
Registered
157 Posts
iatesta said:
I'm still waiting for mine to come in too.. anyone know when to expect them? The dealer hasn't a clue when their coming in..
If your taking Yamaha's my dealer (Topeka, KS) has no clue. They got the uprights and the pad, but no base.

·
Registered
100 Posts
the dealer i bought my bike from had them and a bunch more accesory's right in stock! maybe you could order it from them
seminol power sports in sanford fl

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks VTwin, that is just what i did. $219 w/free shipping. How was the install?

For those of you still wondering about the factory backrests, I called Yamaha. They are receiving a shipment the last week of May.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Red,
Install is pretty easy and only takes a few minutes. Looks like you got a better deal than I did. Who did you order through?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the backrest on Ebay for a 'Buy It Now' price from Biker Haven *bikerhaven.com*. They had 2 left after my purchase but I don't see them listing it anymore.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yamaha told me that the chrome on the Quick Release Backrest Base P/N STR-5C743-10-00 that attaches to the bike was screwed up. They had to send them all back. I am also still waiting for mine. Everyone has been waiting since December. They just announced the first batch of Quick Release Backrest Bases would be sent out soon in the order that they had been purchased. They will be doing this in batches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These 3 COBRA Passenger Backrest are currently available and in stock:

Cobra Standard Sissy Bar (17" tall) with Freedom Pad & Mounting Brackets $ 225
Cobra Short Sissy Bar (14" tall) with Freedom Pad & Mounting Brackets $ 225
Cobra Mini Sissy Bar (11" tall) with Freedom Pad & Mounting Brackets $ 225

If you need one, contact Juan at 305-255-7311 or send a PM and he will take care of you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got my yamaha backrest last week and it is worth the wait. It is a chunck of metal, looks great on the bike.......... TS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts