MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing a frame cover from Mortons Custom Cycle http://www.mortonscustom.com/raideracc.html to hide the only blemish I can see with all Raiders regardless of colour... that silver foam heat wrap with the ugly tie wraps that lives at the bottom of our bikes. Has anybody done so, was it an easy install (everything fit the was it was supposed to) and were you pleased with the results?

cheers
Soupie :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it looks
cheers

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that's the way it should look.. like you can hardly see it at all.
Thanks desertraider I'm ordering one. Your pipes look awesome man!
cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Say, what's that frame cover made out of anyway? Metal or plastic?
I think I may just fabricate one from plastic. What's Morton charging for those?
I can make one up for less I'm sure.
Let me know

Ken

·
Registered
538 Posts
They are made out of metal and fit perfect. Good luck on making one and doing it for less. When you consider time and materials I know you can't do it unless you have little respect for your time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I attempted to put mine on it was crooked, :-\ it angle downward and you could still see the silver heat wrap, then it chipped and started to rust. Took it off, put the original back on and broke out the black high temp grill paint, very cheap from Ace Hardware, and am much happier.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I can spray that thing with black spray paint thousands of times for $53!! just my $.02

·
Registered
93 Posts
For the heat wrap, i'm thinking a piece of metal tubing cut lengthwise leaving tabs to bend outward for fastening to the nearest bolts. The swingarm cover can easily be cut from sheet metal, and fastened with an expansion nut into the rear axle. I like diamond plate myself. Spray paint can do the rest, although I have been thinking of the chromed diamond plate sheet metal at Ace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts