·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nope, lucky. It takes like 15 minutes - just did mine today:

I'll also add that all-metal grips (especially black ones) can get a bit toasty when outside in the sun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
just ordered a set ,got the black with the dimples,also just got the call from my dealer my raven is finally here,picking it up tuesday

·
Registered
530 Posts
Let me know how those work out for ya, I had a pair and my wifes bike had a pair too but hers started turning her hands black after a few months. Then a buddy of mine put some on his late last season and they are turning his hands black too everytime he rides.. Not sure Kuryakyn will do anything about it or not as no one I know has called them about it yet. I was gonna get them for my Blue Raider but this has me concerned.

·
Registered
220 Posts
NJRaider said:
Ninja-Matic said:
The stiletto end-caps on the ISO-grips are just plain wicked - nice
Thanks NJ. For those interested the part number for the ISO's is: 2635 - they fit like a glove - I did notice that the throttle grip was noticeably just as loose as the stock grip - but when you consider that there is no bar-end weight - it seems like it waggles even more.

But I measured the bore on the stock grip and ISO's - they are exactly the same. So I wrapped the end of the stock bar with 1 layer of black electrical tape - then lubed it to make sure I could slide easily. Now the grip has only a few millimeters of clearance and it twists smoothly without issues.

Also - the Stiletto end caps are solid - so they weigh about 3/4 as much as the stock bar-end weights. That combined with the nice grip of the ISO's makes for a lot LESS of a vibration than the stock grips.

·
Registered
60 Posts
very nice, but i ride to many miles to use these...ridden with all metal one b4...after 2 hours my hands went numb. love the sharp ends...all the better to impale myself with ;D HOT!! wonder if sweaty hands will stick better to the coated ones vs the polished one i had for a bit on my X.

·
Registered
7 Posts
??? :eek:

Can somebody help out this rookie?

I just ordered the stiletto end-caps and the ISO-grips yesterday and looked at the grips last night and wasn't sure how the stock one's come apart with the weighted end cap.

Would somebody give some of thier expert insight?

Thanks
Q

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quantum said:
??? :eek:

Can somebody help out this rookie?

I just ordered the stiletto end-caps and the ISO-grips yesterday and looked at the grips last night and wasn't sure how the stock one's come apart with the weighted end cap.

Would somebody give some of thier expert insight?

Thanks
Q
I've decided to get creative with images rather than typing today :D

Endcap:

Left Grip:

·
Registered
134 Posts
So you hve to cut them off correct?
I want a set of the black ones with dimples as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You don't have to cut them off. But I wasn't going to re-use mine and I found it easier to cut the left grip off.
Do the right one first. If you cut the left grip off and have trouble with the right your screwed.

Pop off the little cap at on the end of the weight, then use an allen wrench to remove the weight.

Right grip. Remove screws from the control cover, take both cables off of grip. Test fit new grip, so far I haven't heard of anyone having to relocate the controls so use you best judgement. If everything fits, attach cables to new grip and reassemble.

Left grip: Use a screw driver to slide under the rubber to free the grip from the bar, or just cut the grip off with a razor. Remove the old glue and re-glue new grip on. You can also spray some hair spay on the old glue slide the new grip on.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts