1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up my black raider sunday,cant wait
i have a truck with a 6 foot bed,just wondering
if anyone put one in a similar truck,wondering if I'm
better off renting a motorcycle trailer.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If it were me I would go with the trailer, I am not sure whether it will fit or not I know it wouldn't in my 5 foot with the tailgate down, but It isn't a light piece of machinery and better safe than sorry. Hate to see you damage anything b4 you get it home. But that just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you center the bike you will need almost 8' of floor space. I wouldn't want the rear tire on the tailgate. I guess you could go corner to opposite corner. But, how high is your tailgate. You will not catch me trying to manuver a 700lb bike into position several feet off the ground. Go with the trailer, or contact your nearest NFL team to help out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Or better yet, have your dealer deliver it :laugh:
Is there a problem with riding it home????

I'm with the guys, if you can't ride it home, get a trailer

·
Registered
326 Posts
even if it would fit the hard part isnt getting it up into the truck, its backing down

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well nobody really answered the question. I guess I will find out tomorrow. I am picking mine up. I am a single guy so no way to get my truck and the bike home 150 miles except putting in the bed of my ranger.

·
Registered
326 Posts
get a trailer! are you talking bout a ford ranger? i got an older model and with a 500 polaris sportsmen in the back it wanted to pop whellies lol this bike weighs over 700 thats gonna be a hard 150 miles get a friend to drive the truck back or something just trying to help ;D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I picked mine up today. I had to load it in the truck. I bought it about 140 miles from home. I am a single guy with no old lady to drive me down there or I would have ridden it back home.
The raider fit in the bed of my ford ranger straight with no problem. Tied that sucker down and a friend came over with his ramp and we got it off. No problemo!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good deal DesertRaider, You are now a Raiderite. LOL

·
Registered
826 Posts
desertraider said:
I picked mine up today. I had to load it in the truck. I bought it about 140 miles from home. I am a single guy with no old lady to drive me down there or I would have ridden it back home.
The raider fit in the bed of my ford ranger straight with no problem. Tied that sucker down and a friend came over with his ramp and we got it off. No problemo!
Congratulations on your new purchse!!
You never mentioned how long of bed you have on your truck? Aslo did it fit with the tailgate open or closed.
If open did the rear wheel sit in the bed or on the tailgate?

Sorry for all the questions I was just hoping that you could answer these for everyone here for future reference, as I too live a long way from my stealership!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thanks for the visual answer that helps me quite a bit ;D

·
Registered
326 Posts
dang desertraider i was way wrong your truck doesnt even look like its squated down at all they must be making them stronger than the old school,lol oh well welcome to the club ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a F150 with a short bed and it works out fine, The pick above is a ranger if I'm not mistaken. My back wheel sits in the crease of the tail gate and it hauls fine just like desertraider's has his strapped in. I put an additional strap around the back tire just to prevent side to side movement if I was to hit a chuck hole. I have transported mine 4 times from the dealer and back. I have a place to unload level off the tail gate at home and at the dealer though, I would never attempt a ramp load with a bike this size. Be careful... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts