MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems odd, considering the research that went into the Raiders design, that they dropped the ball on something so critical. What's with that over site .... did no one in the development dept. ever have to use the kick stand? Try as I might, I can't find the sucker with my foot and usually end up bending over to set it in place. I can see why others are complaining about the rubber bumper falling off so often. :cus:

Is it just me ............. or do others find this annoying as h#!! :baldy:
I know there are add ons that will remedy the problem, but they're butt ugly. And about the time I go to the expense to have the OE stand modded & re chromed someone will come out with one, or Yamaha will see the error of their ways & issue a recall ( I'm not holding my breath on this likelihood ).

What's your opinion .............. and should we maybe send this gripe to Yamaha? Strength in numbers you know!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree, it does takes some getting used to. But I like it because it is kinda hidden. Plus the only time you use it is when you are gotting off the bike. You can take your time and find it and your off. just my humble .02

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Certainly took some getting used to - the first time I rode the bike, and was ready to get off I thought "you're kidding, Yamaha screwed up".

Here's the trick - The kickstand has a wide flat blade portion for your foot. While you're still on the bike, look down to your left between the transmission case and the front sprocket cover, and you'll see it. There's a perfect amount of space for the heel of your boot to kick down on...

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is right Luke , I like it, hidden away, see the bike not the kickstand LOL

·
Registered
826 Posts
I agree, I never knew there were any problems that anyone was having with the kickstand. I have never had a problem operating it. and like the fact that it is hidden away.

·
Registered
326 Posts
it did take some getting used to the first couple of times it would slip of my boot, but now that ive gotten used to it its no prob ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ao, why does it say full member above your avatar?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your feed back is appreciated, I must have two right feet. I can't get that dad gum thing down without doing battle with it. The dealer tells me numerous others have had same complaint.

If I use an aggressive heel technique I can eventually get that sucker, but I think over time run the risk of doing damage to the surrounding chrome. It must just be us knuckle dragger's ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well heck I need to get posting LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
hmmm.... can we double, triple post????

·
Registered
343 Posts
The kick stand is in a werid spot to use, but it does go quite well with the lines of the bike. again another small price to pay. ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
just make the old lady get off first and she can put it down ( and while shes down there ) lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
The kickstand is a bit interesting to find but has anyone noticed how sexy she looks. Back off and look at that kickstand would you. It looks like a lady's leg that goes all the way up. I like it.
I think I'll start putting it down by hand instead of dragging my boot heel against it. It needs a tender caress!

Nomadken

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really didn't have the problem of finding the kickstand. I guess I was used to it when I had to shorten up my kickstand on my last bike, that was even more difficult.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts