MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Raiders first picture other than mod pictures. Weather is finally nice to go on a run other than to work. Just me and my Raider time. :wings:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sleepercell, does that dinky windshield do any good at all?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sleepercell said:
Take the wind off the chest and pushes it in your face
Iwould rather have wind on my chest than my face. I have found out that my windshield on my V* 1100 is the same part number, so I will buy the Raider brackets and use that when I go on long rides. And when I am tooling around town I will take it off.

G

·
I wouldn't want the windshield on all the time, but I do go for long rides sometimes, and it can get pretty windy here.
I really like that Switchblade Deflector quick disconnect shield from National Cycle.
It's a bit trimmer and less prominent than the Star shield.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I guess my theory on this is, if you are going to have a windshield that is going to break up the lines of the bike, you might as well have one big enough to do some good. I am like many would never have it on 95% of the time but for those long highway rides they sure are nice. I am still looking for the right product. Windvest has some nice stuff but it is pricey. Not a big fan of tha Star shields because of their limited adjustability, and the National Cycle shields I am not so sure I care for the way their mounts look when the shield is off.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Sleeper, that puppy looks great. Is your back end lower than stock? Mabey just the pict. angle. Tell these guys that the faster you go the better that screen works. We had a small screen for the rocket that they called the Fly screen. The dam thing was about 600 bucks.How much for this one?? Jack :icon_razz: :icon_wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice bike (and appears to be a nice Charger in the background of your avatar, too).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The screen does work well on the freeway. Speeds above 50 make it less stresfull to hold on to the bike but low speads it makes for a lot of helmet noise. Yes the rear is lowered. I have the 1 3/4 inch kit from pacific star. easy to install and my short leggs touch the ground without tippy toeing. The reason I went for the fly shield (160 bucks online) was because I thought that it dressed the bike up. pictures do it no justice. You have to see it. It just has the ugly star oval echet into it. Tring to make some decals to cover it without looking bad like I did for the yamaha decal on rear fender. Ill post pic of it her later today

By the way the chargers the wifes Its awesome but dont get to drive it much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts