MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

If anyone is interested in getting a cobra fi 2000 o2 at a great price, www.denniskirk.com has them listed for $238.99. I ordered one yesterday along with the cobra swept pipes from www.Powersportsuperstore.com for $559.95. Of course neither company has the item in stock, but my new Raider won't arrive till sometime in May, so I guess I can wait....

·
Registered
826 Posts
Erik at GM cycles hooked me up with awesome prices for my cobra pipes an all my kuryakyn stuff, I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Got mine today and installed in about 20 minutes. Actually 30 minutes, but 10 was trying ot get the darn connectors loose. LOL

·
Registered
826 Posts
Amen to that!!! The connector for the O2 sensor is a bear to get apart.

·
Registered
826 Posts
cox1244 said:
Where does the O2 sensor enter the pipe. I have Cobra dragsters
I have the slashdowns and it enters the pipe right in front of the frame look down by the bundle of stuff wrapped in the foil heat wrap.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am trying to buy one from a guy on ebay. He sells them at a good price for the roadliner but not the raider. He is asking me a quiestion that I can't answer.

"one last question. do you know whether you motorcycle is a California edition, or whether it has an o2 sensor? I am getting 2 options open loop and closed loop, I am not sure which one you need. "

Well my raider is a a calif model but I yanked off the smog box down by the left foot peg.
None of the other venders ask this question when you order one but this guy has never sold one for a raider fefore.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have the closed loop coming and I am still running the factory O2 sensor. So if you still ahve an O2 I believe you need the closed loop set-up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You can actually use either one. With that said, if the pipes you have or are wanting to get have the bung for the o2 sensor, Then why not just get the closed loop one. You already have the stuff in place so use it. Plus it is better for the environment( so they say). If the pipes you have or want do not have the bung for the 02 sensor, then do not get the closed loop setup. If you have the o2 sensor bung and choose to not get the closed loop, just leave the o2 sensor hooked to the pipes and disconnect it from the connector under the seat. If you try to run 02 sensor and the FI2000r non closed loop together, the computer and the FI 2000r will be fighting each other for the proper fuel ratio.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had seen a listing of the FI2000r that showed a California designation on it. Thats kinda scary, I think the whole PowerCommander EX is a California rule. If I recall correctly it is nolonger adjustable across the entire range of settings. My 2 cents, buy the non-California version of 1777CL

desertraider said:
I am trying to buy one from a guy on ebay. He sells them at a good price for the roadliner but not the raider. He is asking me a quiestion that I can't answer.

"one last question. do you know whether you motorcycle is a California edition, or whether it has an o2 sensor? I am getting 2 options open loop and closed loop, I am not sure which one you need. "

Well my raider is a a calif model but I yanked off the smog box down by the left foot peg.
None of the other venders ask this question when you order one but this guy has never sold one for a raider fefore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts