MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Red S today. Wow what a great bike. I had the dealer leave the fender seat off because I like the look without it. Unfortunately they left the metal brackets on, which I can't seem to get off. So for those of you that have chosen to leave the fender seat off, I have two questions: 1. Is there a trick to loosening the screws/nuts that hold the two metal brackets on (it might just be too tight and I didn't try hard enough) and 2. what did you use in place of the ugly mounting bolts that hold the brackets on?

Thanks...

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't know maybe mine were not as tight as yours but I didn't feel like I had to work overly hard to get them off. Just give it a little bit more and you should be good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did manage to get them off. The 10mm socket did the trick. I managed to find some nice chrome headed metric bolts with chrome caps for the holes. They look good.

·
Registered
826 Posts
taxman,
Where did you find the hardware? Cost?
thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ace Hardware here in the western suburbs of Chicago. Not sure if Ace is everywhere or not. They had a nice display of chrome bolts (metric and regular) and different types of caps. The guy that pointed them out to me said he thought they were for motorcycles "and stuff" and I said, oh well great, thats what its for. I used 8 mm bolts that were $3 each and little chrome caps that fit in the end hole that were $.99 each. I also put small black nylon washers in to not scratch up the paint...these were $.19 each. If you can't find them, I can drop in to Ace and see who makes them...maybe they have a website. It was about $17 total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts