MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everone, picking up my raider in a couple of weeks,fist think i want to do is
the exhaust system,thinkink about the vans and Hines two into one.anyone have this system
and if so how does it look and how does it sound

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I don't know of everyone who's installed the system in a Raider yet, but here's what I have so far:

The only picture I saw of the pipes on the Raider are from V&H's 08 catalog (PDF). It's a BIG file, but let me know if you want a copy, and I'll send it to you. Here's a photo of the same system on that other bike, and the pipes look the same

I've heard the pipes on an EVO motor - big inch, air cooled, etc... - sound was a nice deep rumble, loud but definitely not obnoxious. The Raider motor is larger :pepper2: so it's moving more exhaust gasses, so I'm betting it'll sound really nice.

Just found this - It's a V&H 2-into-1 on a Roadliner - not a Big Radius, but still and Vance and Hines 2-into-1 system on the same motor, so it might give you a better idea of the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWTlcbx-2hQ

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Grips are Jardine Billet. I really like them because they're made from billet aluminum, not chromed plastic, and have a real substantial feel to them.

Bad news is that Jardine stopped making them (lack of demand :eek:)

Good news is that the same lack of demand means there's still some out there. I got mine from JP Cycles www.jpcycles.com There the same ones that fit all the Yamaha Cruisers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey everyone who is looking to get the Cobra Swept Pipes. Just talked to Brian at powersportsuperstore.com. They have 25 sets of Cobra swepts on the way. 12 are allocated to customer preorders. (One is mine). They should actually have them in the warehouse tommorrow or Friday. They also have the Cobra Fuel processors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.