MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched past posts and found non that addressed this aftermarket tuning device. has anyone installed tuneboy on a raider?? --thanks john

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's the impression I get from the website too. I just don't think this will be a raider-friendly product...but it does seem like a cool thing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Real cool if it would work. It looks like it can just about rewrite the stock ECU. But I think this product is designed for racing, not for the everyday bike.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wa raider-----it was designed originally for sportbikes. i have it on cruiser (rocket 3) currently. (and a power commander on the shelf). great tuning piece in the right hands. (not mine!!!!--ha!) a warrior buddy mechanic said he thought it was available now. guess he was wrong. false rumors travel fast amoung enthusiasts looking for that extra little bit of power i guess. i checked website myself tonight. no yamaha listed. i'll email them to find out for sure. sounds like dynojet founder has much simpler method anyway! ---john

·
Registered
373 Posts
jlm205 said:
wa raider-----it was designed originally for sportbikes. i have it on cruiser (rocket 3) currently. (and a power commander on the shelf). great tuning piece in the right hands. (not mine!!!!--ha!) a warrior buddy mechanic said he thought it was available now. guess he was wrong. false rumors travel fast amoung enthusiasts looking for that extra little bit of power i guess. i checked website myself tonight. no yamaha listed. i'll email them to find out for sure. sounds like dynojet founder has much simpler method anyway! ---john
John, I stand corrected. I had never heard of it, and was basing my thoughts based on the website. On the website it appears that it is only for sportbikes. It really does look like a dandy product. I would have to think about geting one if they had it for the Raider or my V* 1100.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Just about all the Rocket owners like them but much more involved than the PClll and not to many tunning centers can use them so most guys just run the canned maps.(Tunes they call them) One guy even had his bike dyno tuned with a PClll then layed that tune over the tune boy. Just a little to involved for me..Jack

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would tend to agree with Jack, I have heard that this is a quality product but it is more for the rider who is looking to get every ounce of performance out of their bike that they can. For me personally I bought a crusier.........well to cruise. I love performance as much as the next guy but this may be over the top for my type of application. Just my $.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts