MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the last place to mention this but dropped my red raider s on the left side the same day I put my pipes on thank god it wasn't the pipes, but anyway lets just say I forgot to put the kick stand down (cough,cough) not going to go into the whole story but anyway here's a list of what your going to mess up without engine guards.

clutch lever, rear left turn signal chrome scratched, left mirror, passenger foot peg, and bent the shift peddle.

luckily it didn't scratch anything else i have new grips with stilletto ends and they didn't even get touched I think the shift peddle saved alot of it. Man I was sick the hole night been ridin 10yrs never dropped a bike never thought I would.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ouch man!!! sorry to hear.... I can only imagine the gut wrenching feeling that is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro! Did the tank get any? Hope not. Done it a couple times myself.
When I do it, it is never when I'm alone. There is always at least one other rider there!

Later

Coyote

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh of course I was around another guy I ride with and nothin happened to the paint or anything else I wonder if yamaha does tests like this and just drop the bike to make sure non of the major components get messed up because I was surprised it didn't do any other damage.

·
Registered
562 Posts
stevo238019 said:
oh of course I was around another guy I ride with and nothin happened to the paint or anything else I wonder if yamaha does tests like this and just drop the bike to make sure non of the major components get messed up because I was surprised it didn't do any other damage.
I doubt it, they probably drop it to see how many different parts they can ruin in one fall so they can make more money :mad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Madcruzer said:
I doubt it, they probably drop it to see how many different parts they can ruin in one fall so they can make more money :mad:
LOL!!! :laugh: Thats part of their QA department. nothing gets out the door unless its around $500 to fix

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wow Bro that sucks I feel your pain. I damn near did the same thing after I did my 600 mile service. I had it on the jack and lowered it down and was just about ready to let it all the way down(had my foot on the pedal)when the Ol Lady says don't you want the kick stand down....................uh uh uh Yeah I do.
If she hadn't been there I would be in the same boat as you!

Glad thats all it was should be an inexpensive fix. I have a set of rear turn signals you can have if you pay the shipping. Let me know if you want them.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Damn, Stevo

Sorry to hear about your mishap there...

I won't tell you about the time I started my Mean Streak while it was in gear, and when I let the clutch out, it simply drove itself forward off the kick stand, with me just standing there watching... :eek:

Oh... wait...

·
Registered
220 Posts
NJRaider said:
Damn, Stevo

Sorry to hear about your mishap there...

I won't tell you about the time I started my Mean Streak while it was in gear, and when I let the clutch out, it simply drove itself forward off the kick stand, with me just standing there watching... :eek:

Oh... wait...
You're not alone. The Ninja was once but a student... a very very very poor student, lol.

Stevo - did the same thing to a different bike. It'll be out of your system now permanently. Sorry to hear bro.

·
Registered
373 Posts
stevo238019 said:
This is probably the last place to mention this but dropped my red raider s on the left side the same day I put my pipes on thank god it wasn't the pipes, but anyway lets just say I forgot to put the kick stand down (cough,cough) not going to go into the whole story but anyway here's a list of what your going to mess up without engine guards.

clutch lever, rear left turn signal chrome scratched, left mirror, passenger foot peg, and bent the shift peddle.

luckily it didn't scratch anything else i have new grips with stilletto ends and they didn't even get touched I think the shift peddle saved alot of it. Man I was sick the hole night been ridin 10yrs never dropped a bike never thought I would.
I did the same thing to my V* 1100, luckily my shop vac was next to the bike and it landed on it, didn't do any damage. I hope it doesn't take to long or to much $$$ to fix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dropped mine on Monday we were on a ride and stopped at a state park got stuck on the side of the hill in a parking area traffic stopped I stopped put left foot down and the gravel and black top lost my footing flip over dumped me and the wife off.
Left side damage front fender , front turn signal, mirror , clutch lever, handle bar end, bent the shift lever, nicked up the pulley cover, the cover where the seat lock is, broke the passenager peg mount off the bike rear turn signal, lower belt guard. and oh yes nice big dent in tank plus the chrome strip.
Really done it up right. I was sick wife as long as we weren't hurt I sprained my Groin muscle doing the spilt with the bike pushing me over. Add 2 helmets to that we both hit the little bit of pavement there with our helmets.
Had just turned over 1000 miles right before that happened.

·
Registered
530 Posts
:barf: damn that sucks. This is why I am seriously considering crashbars.. Do you have a ride bell on your bike?

RaiderRyder said:
I dropped mine on Monday we were on a ride and stopped at a state park got stuck on the side of the hill in a parking area traffic stopped I stopped put left foot down and the gravel and black top lost my footing flip over dumped me and the wife off.
Left side damage front fender , front turn signal, mirror , clutch lever, handle bar end, bent the shift lever, nicked up the pulley cover, the cover where the seat lock is, broke the passenager peg mount off the bike rear turn signal, lower belt guard. and oh yes nice big dent in tank plus the chrome strip.
Really done it up right. I was sick wife as long as we weren't hurt I sprained my Groin muscle doing the spilt with the bike pushing me over. Add 2 helmets to that we both hit the little bit of pavement there with our helmets.
Had just turned over 1000 miles right before that happened.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did the same thing 3 years ago on my Warrior.Lucky for me both legs were under the bike & there was 4 friends standing there when it happened. :icon_redface:.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dropped mine 5 days after I got it. Parked on a sidewalk (kickstand down) with a little more slope than I accounted for, didn't have the front wheel completely turned into the slope and as I got off, I felt the seat brush against my leg on the way down. Fortunately all that happened was some scratches on the stock heat shields, as the sidewalk was narrow enought that all the good stuff landed in the grass. I thought that I had managed to pull of this feat of sickening ineptitude completely unnoticed - until the next day when a co-worker of my wife asked her if I was OK and how much damage had been done. She and her husband had been down the street and watched the whole thing.

I am currently running with not only the gremlin bell but a cross hung next to it and have plans (once the funds are gathered) for a cross, matching a tattoo I have, to be airbrushed onto the rear fender. I ain't taking any chances...............

·
Registered
154 Posts
Started the Raider thinking it was in Neutral and let the clutch out.
had my hand on the front brake lever and when I grabbed it fast at the same time
it wanted to pull the bike like a magnet to earth.
Thank the Lord i was able to do a Fred Flintstone with my right leg and stop it from dumping on the
asphalt.
Reminded me to always, always, always make sure it is in neutral before pushing that starter button.
If I don't see green light I don't start it.
It's a heavy bike, I don't want it falling on me either.
Any boy does it pull groin muscules to rush to stop it from dumping over.
Nearly did the same thing on my 835 pound Vulcan Nomad. Boy was that a feat to keep it from
going down. Sure glad I didn't have my son or wife on it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, I was able to save mine about a month and a half ago but did get a tore muscle out of it.
Pulling out of my backyard after it had rained the day before. Gate open with a 4x4 for a threshold and mud on both sides of it. For some reason when I got to it instead of letting it coast through or speeding up a bit to get across, I stopped.
When I tried to go over it, the rear wheel slid all the way up against the gate.
So there I was with the bike in about a 45 degree angle and trying to hold it up.
Heard my muscle pop but still didn't let.
My wife came out, helped me hold it up, revved it up a bit and it went through.
Still pretty sore.

No bell no cross yet but do put myself in the hands of the man upstairs each time a get on it.

GC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts