MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am so embarrassed. :icon_redface: As I was making a right u-turn on the steep driveway, I heard someone yelled; "Hey stop!" So I did..... And there we went, me and my Raider fell on the right side. What a turd I am, and I know better not to stop. My instings took over me in that split second. I thought I was running over something, but the guy just wanted to check out the bike. Of course he apologized, but never the less the damage was done. THANK GOOD, it is a small damage:

I scratched the heat guards (all three), metal under the foot peg, and the right mirror. Now I need those replaced.

Does anyone have the heat guards, and the right mirror they want to get rid of? I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM or just let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Be safe.

VB

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the mirrors. i took mine off. waiting on new ones. make an offer

·
Registered
52 Posts
I assume you're talking about heat guards for the stock pipes...I have both available. PM an offer...was going to throw them out so a fair amount + shipping and they're yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rokr said:
PM an offer...was going to throw them out so a fair amount + shipping and they're yours.
free + shipping sounds like a fair offer (since you were going to throw them out anyway) ;D

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident. Sounds like the good folks around here will get you fixed up though!

·
Registered
93 Posts
re:

I almost dropped mine a few times, My wife and I were not even out of the dealership parking lot on day one, when a patron yelled "stop" I was just ready to turn the corner, braked hard, and I felt the machine lurching over sideways. I recovered with sheer leg power. We forgot to affix my license plate from my Volusia trade in, and the man stopped us just in time. I did drop my old Suzuki GS 700 E in a mall parking lot one day, by stopping too suddenly with the handlebars turned, trying to snipe a parking spot. It's more embarrasing than anything

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rokr, thank you for helping me out. What comes around goes around. I will not forget the favor. You're the man.

VB

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would have been happy to try and help but, alas, my heat shields had some scratches from a similar unfortunate incident. Parked the bike (5 days old at the time) on a sidewalk and got off. As I turned to put the key in my pocket, I feel something brush my leg. Turns out it was the seat as the bike fell to the right. Apparently the slope of the sidewalk combined with just enough tug on the right side grip as I got off was enough to cause it to fall. Fortunately the mirror only touched the grass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts