MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Raiders,

I have a question about something I saw on the YouTube video's AFJack posted. 1 of the video's was of the factory pipes after they had been drilled. I was just wondering what everyone thought about that kind of mod.

Thanks

armydan02

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea how and what do I do. I watched the video and like the sound. does it look crappie after it is done. Is it easy to do. i like the factories and i just want them to be louder.

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
What size holes did you drill and what patern. a picture if you can please. i am upgrading my trailor tonight and want to do the exhaust mod at the same time

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did mine with a "plus sign" pattern. (Up, down, left right) I had 3/8" holes to start with but it wasn't loud enough. Right now they a a little under 3/4". Nice sound, not too loud.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just got done doing 4 3/4 inch holes.
O My Gosh. love it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is too dark for video but there would be sound. but here is a picture of what i did. I messed up on one of the holes. It is not quite in the right spot. but the sound is cool.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you can get mudslide to post his pics again that was pretty cool he did 4 3/4 holes and the 4 1/2 holes in between them. It reminded me of a revolver. an 8 shot revolver but a revolver none the less

·
Registered
134 Posts
i road it down the raod for 200 feet and was going to ride but it started raining. i will let you know in the morning i am driving to work.

·
Registered
530 Posts
WEll I was pretty set that I was gonna drill my stockers and wait for some pipes to be made but honestly after listening to that clip LAD I am a little leary.. I am not trying to be a prick here but is it just my computer or does that really sound like that?? Sounds like a large whoopy cushion when you got on it.. Sounded decent at idle but man something does not sound right on this end anyway. Maybe I will try again tomorrow at my work computer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A step drill bit works the best.It make s a cleaner hole. I drilled 8 hole at 7/8" it looked like a gatlin gun.
I didn't like the fluffer sound. So, I cut the baffles off and welded some 4" turn-down exhaust tips that are pointed outwards like jacks pipes. Sounds like a big truck coming down the road. they will do for the time being or until V & H gets A-- into Gear

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the fluffer sound might be the computer speakers not accurately recording the true resonance. Speaking of gatlin guns... American Chopper designed a bike for the National Guard recently and they put a device that looked just like a gatlin gun at the end of the exhaust. It must of been mounted on a ball bearing because it spun like hell when the exhaust air went through it. Looked kinda cool.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.