MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my bike to the shop to drop it off for it's "first service" (glorified oil change)... i know i can easily do it myself... but i figure this way if something breaks Yamaha can't nail me for not having a tech do the first service, etc.

ANYHOW - seems like every time I go out riding... someone has to remind me just how awesome the bike is...

Always asking if it is a custom bike, how much, what kind of bike, etc.

Someone always has to compliment the bike ;)

Any similar experiences on a regular basis?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was at the gas station and I got the red raider s by the way A guy came walking up and damn thats a nice bike I love the paint job I have a harley v-rod aluminum color and that doesn't even campare to that paint job nice. So I said thanx and the next thing he said what is that a 1300 I said hell no 1900 he 's like holy crap I said yeah its badass so he says well enjoy and just gets back in his truck like he's dissapointed he didn't have anyway one it was a cool feeling.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well not on a regualr basis but when its the HD guys I like it the most, it's almost like it pains them to say something nice about a non HD bike. I have gotten several nice comments and on Saturday night a bunch of us guys were sitting out side the bar and discussing the legend that is HD. Many of the guys there were on HD's I was the only Raider or YAmi for that matter , when a guy on a meanie said I see you didn't pay 7k extra to get a shield on the side of your tank either. I just laughed and thats when the hits started coming.......yeah but, yeah but, yeah but.......yada yada yada, its not american. On and on they went as I just sat there and listened to the same comments over and over. When everyone calmed down I looked at them all and said ok so I have a few question for all you HD guys. Do you all have TV's, uh and what company in the US made 1 of them?? I heard crickets! How many of you have MP3 players, digital cameras, dvd players, stereos, etc ......how many of those were made in america?? No responses at all except get this from the guy on the Porche I mean HD Vrod, yeah but those things the japenese do better than us........after I picked myself off the ground from laughing so damn hard at this idiot I said you just proved my point....oh and buy the way you ride a bike that is made by Porche and they put a HD logo on it so it is no more american than my bike.

Just wanted to share that story with all of you so you could get a good laugh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts