MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I have to say that this is a great forum. I have been researching on the Raider for quite some times now and everytime I see the pic I want one so bad. The thing that concerns me is my height, I'm 5'6" and 170 lbs, and I'm not sure if the Raider would be comfortable for me to ride long distance. I saw the VTX handle bar MOD that Nomadken did and I love it (cuss I have short arms :wave:). I rode a GXRS600 for several years and had no problem with it, but this bike is monsterous compare to my gixxer.

The question is: Would the Raider look right for me? Or would I look like a midget hanging on for dear life?

Thanks in advance,

J

·
Registered
63 Posts
J,

Welcome to the Forum! I run at 5' 6"... 29 inch inseam... I'm a little stretched out for the controls but it's still very comfortable. I would recommend going for it. This is a great bike!

BTW, my opinion is that riding stretched out looks even cooler... ;)

Todd

·
Registered
671 Posts
RavenRyder said:
Looks right for me and I'm 5' 3" 115ibs. GO FOR IT!!
yikes01 now that bike should take flight...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all your helps. You guys just made me changed my mind... I'm ready to fly.. haha.. hopefully Nomadken post his finished MOD of the handlebar...

J

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome bro. Get your Raider, and I promice you, it will adjust it's self to your dimensions. It's only one of the great features that the Raider has.

P.S. Get the blue one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm 5' 6" 29 inseam also, 185 pounds as a bodybuilder. I think the Raider is very comfortable, in fact much more so than any other bike I have owned. I don't get the fatigue in my neck as much, maybe because of the higher front profile buffeting the wind. I can change my posturing slightly if I feel the need, you know, sit more upright, lean forward, lean back, etc. The Raider has surprised me in many ways.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Obviously....the black ones are the fastest! :p I am 6'4"....and although I WANT to get forward controls(to stretch out a tad more)....the bike fits me like a glove. BY far the most comfortable ride on 2 wheels I have ever owned! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts