MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my bike at work today like always and one of the guys I work with was throwing a golf ball around with another guy. well the ball hit my tank :cus: :censored: and made a small dent about the size of a dime on the bottom left by the seat. so my question is, should I get it fixed? The paint isn't chipped or anything. All you see if you look closely is the little dent. Of course i took care of those you violated my bike. :boxe: Any suggestions? :icon_evil:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would say take a look in the yellow pages for a body shop that does paintless dent removal and have them see if they can pop it out. Of course sending the bill to you 2 new best friends.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Tell your buddy to rub Ben Gay around his rectum, and the golf ball might come out easier then it went in!!!
that paintless dent puller might b a good idea

·
Registered
235 Posts
That SUCKS man!!! I would definitely get it looked at I hate having anything wrong with my bike. I'd constantly be thinking about it as an eye sore... even if it was barely noticeable. But thats just me. Hope you can get it popped!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I feel for you I know locally we had some work done on the roof of my sons truck when the dealer
decided to try and close the garage door on the roof :kboom:
anyhow the name of the outfit is Dent Wizard it's a chain around Pennsylvania.
Maybe you can find some thinking like that
http://www.dentwizard.com/

Good luck

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. With pulling put the dent, that won't mess up the paint and then i have to worry about it peeling or bubbling up?

·
Registered
538 Posts
OK, I am gonna tell you how to fix it.
Set it out in the sun til it gets real hot. Take some dry ice (you will have to wear gloves) and hold the dry ice on the dent and it should pop out.
Good luck

·
Registered
562 Posts
desertraider said:
Set it out in the sun til it gets real hot. Take some dry ice (you will have to wear gloves) and hold the dry ice on the dent and it should pop out.
Good luck
Interesting idea. Let us know if this works.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
desertraider said:
Good luck
Well maybe I'll try that on something else first.

·
Registered
671 Posts
is that a can of air you use for your keyboard?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah looks that way

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a small dent on the top of my tank as well. I have no idea how it got there. My guess is; something fell on it when I was parked, or some a$$hole hit it. Anyhow, I just tried the hairdryer and the dust remover trick, and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't get it hot enough. I will blame it on wife's hairdryer... IT SUCKS ISTEAD OF BLOWING.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I got an appointment to see the Dent Wizard. thanks everyone for your suggestions with this. I thought the most expense way to get it fixed would be nice since I'm not paying for it. :blbl:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I agree with that 100% make them pay for it maybe that way they will learn!

·
Registered
671 Posts
One other suggestion........., PAINT THAT GIRL BLUE!!!!! :ImaPoser: :amazon: :amazon: :beer2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:icon_evil: Blue that would majke her slower. At least with the little ding, she is still faster than the Blue. :beer3:
gotnos

1 - 19 of 19 Posts