MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a chuckle for me today (however I wasnt laughing last night..almost took my 15 lbs sledge to the damn thing) and a laugh for you all. I spent 3 [email protected] hours and no riding last night!!! between installing, creating a professional wiring lead and doing the stage one fender chop-change to the sidemount license plate. I made a nicely soldered and shrink tubed lead for the custom dynamics LED license plate frame, ran, tucked, hide the wires but when I fired the bike up the plate didnt illuminate!!!! P.O.S....momentarily thinking it may be me, I cut into the lead closer to the LED frame, but my wiring was fine...then tried running power directly into the frames original wires...and NADA!! Talk about a bummer. Well I'll be calling today and they better have good customer service, cuz I lost 3 hours, and a night of riding...which is at a premium here in upstate-taxed-taxed to hell-new york. Sorry..just had to vent. Guess it could always be worse...but I feel better for the moment and I will ghetto rig it with a light from advanced auto so i can ride for now at night. :icon_twisted:

EVIL

"The road to Hell is paved...so ride it'

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine worked fine, I just conected the white wire to hte blue wire and the black wire to the one black wire and it worked fine

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought the LED bolts they have on their web site. Received them. They are too big for the tag holes. Called to return them. they are charging restocking fee and I'm also out the shipping. $8.25. Sent them back for $1.24 shipping.

I talked to LYNN (one of the owners, she said) complaining. She said I should have measured the tag holes before I order them.

Who would have thought you would have to measure a tag hole to make sure the bolt fits? The tags have been the same forever.

It is not big bucks, it is the principle.

I will not be doing business with them again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
photo i was at my stealers yesterday and noticed tag bolts by kuyiacun for $23.99. not sure if they are any better but the idea is good. Could make the stage one plate project a whole lot cheaper.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I do not know, for the money to pay shipping them back and the restocking fee, I would have just drilled the holes bigger

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thanks Rick,
thats what I was thinking too. I bought the same tag bolts and went to put them in and went..............yeah well that sucks, then went to tool box pulled ou the drill and drill bit and a quick zip and zip and what do ya know they work fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone used the side mount lighted bracket from performance edge? If so how do you like it. I was planning on getting the bracket and the tail light assy from them. any thoughts???

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
cox1244 said:
Has anyone used the side mount lighted bracket from performance edge? If so how do you like it. I was planning on getting the bracket and the tail light assy from them. any thoughts???
Highly recommended - I did a write up here...

http://raiderperformance.com/fender%20chop%202.htm

The side-mount is actually separate from the lighted frame, for which we used the Custom Dynamics unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts