MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the baffles out of their Cobra Swepts? If so is there any performance issues? I was reading on another forum that the torque was significantly reduced when the baffles were removed. I was just wondering what the input was here.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have taken them out...didnt really notice any perf issues..but it had a wierd reverb...so I chopped the baffles down to 4 inches, and its about as loud as it is without them...and stopped the reverb. at that length they basically just look and function like a torque cone according to my friend who is a tech. I also noticed a bit better throttle response. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the info bro. If it became a problem without the baffles I was gonna try Big City Thunder baffles and see how that worked. I dunno if anyone has tried those here, but the reviews and testimonials sound pretty good. http://www.bigcitythunder.com/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bit the bullet this weekend and bought the swepts. Wasn't that hard to install. Started it up with the baffles in and said nope. I took them out what a difference that made. Loud as he--, i like it. Glad to piss off my neighbors. Specially when i come in at 3 am lol

·
Registered
826 Posts
I spoke with Camron from Cobra last week and he told me that the swepts were designed to be quieter that the slashdowns and dragsters because they used diffrent baffles. I have heard of several removing them,but I have also heard reports of power loss without them. I know someone cut them down to 4" and put them back in which basically makes them into a power cone to help with back pressure. Reports are that this is working well for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts