MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Swepts on today and they look and sound awesome. I'm wondering if anyone is running them without the baffles and how much difference there is. I probably don't want to go any louder but wondering anyhow.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I didn't take the baffles out. Wanted to hear them with them in. And now that I have I think it is plenty loud.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Now that's a baffling question... :icon_razz:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone have a video with sound of their new pipes? I am debating on if it is worth it to buy them at this point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone got the Yami part number for the gaskets? I got my cobra swepts yesterday and would like to make sure I get the gaskets b4 i yank these stock pipes. Thanks all.....( and I agree black is faster ;) )

~AA

Sometimes ‘The majority’ only means that all the idiots are on the same side

·
Registered
220 Posts
EVILVTWIN said:
Anyone got the Yami part number for the gaskets? I got my cobra swepts yesterday and would like to make sure I get the gaskets b4 i yank these stock pipes. Thanks all.....( and I agree black is faster ;) )

~AA

Sometimes ‘The majority’ only means that all the idiots are on the same side
Crush Gasket: 3EG-14613-00-00

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cobra designed the pipes for maximum performance gains for that specific pipe (shape, length, etc). Changing the dynamics of the pipe will more than likely result in loss of performance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
running with baffles out...feckin sick!!! I got on it lightly after I did the 7 recommended start run stops...it pulls hard...and is fecking sick!! did i say feckin sick!!! :icon_evil: I will go easy for the next 300 miles to the 600 mark b4 i really get on it. I am taking Ninja's advice and drilling the airbox and the K&N drp in and picking up the fuel management system to really get everything out of it that I can. Thanks to all for the help... Ninja...ring u tonight so you can hear it.... :2ar15smilie:

·
Registered
220 Posts
EVILVTWIN said:
running with baffles out...feckin sick!!! I got on it lightly after I did the 7 recommended start run stops...it pulls hard...and is fecking sick!! did i say feckin sick!!! :icon_evil: I will go easy for the next 300 miles to the 600 mark b4 i really get on it. I am taking Ninja's advice and drilling the airbox and the K&N drp in and picking up the fuel management system to really get everything out of it that I can. Thanks to all for the help... Ninja...ring u tonight so you can hear it.... :2ar15smilie:
I'm all about it! I'm just chillaxin' right now - ring away!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Evil, you riding to work tomorrow? I think you mentioned you worked in Webster. I live North on Philips about 5 minutes away from Xerox. Let me know. I'd like to hear what the swepts sound like without the baffles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Roch Raider...I ride EVERYDAY until the major rain cometh or snow (34 degrees is my cuttoff...black ice becomes an issue ;D) So that said yes my ass rode today Tues Ap2 22. Id love to ride at lunch..I rode with the guys I sold my VTX to here at work yest. it was soo nice out...almost didnt come back...heres my cell txt or ring me if you wanna ride. 314-9335 (Aaron) I can roll anytime after 11:30.

~AA

'The road to Hell is Paved...so Ride it'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts