MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thank you everyone for the help you have been giving me. If anyone saw my first post about a week ago you know I was planning on getting my first raider. Yesterday I bought a 2008 Raider S Tommy Boy Blue from an out of state Harley dealer. It should arrive in approximately 2 weeks.

Question 1: The bike has the Cobra Swept pipes but not any type of air or fuel adjustment product. So me being a mechanical dummy I don’t know if I need to add something right away. Do I?

Question 2: When I had my last bike a 2002 V-Star 1100 custom they had the Hard Krome Big Straights and I loved the sound and look.. For something that’s a little different I’m really looking forward to the style of the Cobra Swepts that the bike I’m getting has but there is also a Hard Krome Dual Radius that looks similar. I’m wondering what the differences are in sound and/or performance. Any opinions?

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
760 Posts
Your pipe question

The '08s don't have the fuel Injection updated software to compensate for the after market pipes, so a FI processor like a PC 111 or V with the Auto Tune would really help make the bike run it's best and not run lean. The Cobra's aren't known for the best chrome luster after years of use, and also the HardKhrome's aren't known for making the best power on the 113"s er. You might want to consider a V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 system for both reasons. Check out all the dyno results on raiderperformance.com before you buy. Unless looks and volume are the most important factors for you.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
i love my swepts personally. like gostr8r said i does have the old soft ware. you will be fine tho. there are plenty of guys on this forum running a new exhaust without any fuel modulator. you will be 'ok' until you change the air intake. i dont have any experience with HK tho.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
swepts are nice...couldnt resist. sure MW will have a comment to follow. :smilie_flag_USA:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about 08's

Raider Lover what year is you ride? Gostr8r mentioned the 08's not having the updated software to compensate for the after market pipes.

Are there 2008 Raider riders that are using the swepts with no air or fuel mods?

I know yours is 09 Hawk but what did you mean about no trouble until you change the air intake? Remember now that you are talking to a mechanical dummy.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mine has drilled stock mufflers and a K & N filter with "old" software and it runs great! No popping or hesitations and almost pulls the front wheel 2nd to 3rd!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking about the K&N filter too. Thats why I trying to find out what Hawk meant.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well i have the cobra sweeps on my 09 and I love them and i did not put a fuel management system on and it seems to run just fine.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Raider Lover what year is you ride? Gostr8r mentioned the 08's not having the updated software to compensate for the after market pipes.

Are there 2008 Raider riders that are using the swepts with no air or fuel mods?

I know yours is 09 Hawk but what did you mean about no trouble until you change the air intake? Remember now that you are talking to a mechanical dummy.
im talking a Big Air Kit. just a K&N will be ok.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have an 08 Tommy Blue also, I have the Cobra Swepts with no fuel or Air and it runs great. I seem to remember that if you add the Air then you should add the Fuel also. I think it was on this site under Exhaust Tips.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a 08,with the dragsters on it,and nothing else.Runs fine.They still look great too.Very pleased with them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Question along the same lines as this one? Comments on the vace hines 2 into 2. Everyone seems to run the cobras or hard chromes but reviews with bluing & performance seem to always stick with vance hines. Not trying to stir the pot just want to here it form die hard raiders.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Question along the same lines as this one? Comments on the vace hines 2 into 2. Everyone seems to run the cobras or hard chromes but reviews with bluing & performance seem to always stick with vance hines. Not trying to stir the pot just want to here it form die hard raiders.

got cobra swepts april '08, got 12,000 miles on them now, no blueing here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts