MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finely got delivery on my Cobra exhaust, it's a beautiful day I'll put them on. The first thing I notice was the weight of the OEM exhaust no wonder I was always making right turns. The whole exchange took about an hour including the time I wasted turning the heat shield clamps around the way the instructions tell you to do it. :eek: OK now I'm ready for the fuel processor ??? I think I will read the instructions first :wave:That took about 40 mins. Time for the test drive. It can breath now, a lot more top end, lot louder, I LIKE IT.

92-1777 Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Processor for Raider 199.95
2627 Cobra Dragsters Staggered Pipes 415.95
free shipping and by online no tax 0
-----------------------------------------------------------
615.90 total
www.metricthunder.com 1-714-744-8900

·
Registered
326 Posts
i honestly thought you were joking about the stock exhaust but i changed mine out today and i found out you wasn't i bet theres 50lbs in those things. so much so that the bike actually rides a little stiffer now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey AZRaider, I was wondering if you might have a sound clip for the Dragster exhaust. Cobra does not have any clips yet. I am interested in putting these on myself. Is it a difficult install, I've installed some exhausts on sportbikes that were a little tricky, just wondering. ???

·
Registered
326 Posts
i dont know about the cobras but the hardest part to me was getting the stock exhaust off un hooking the o2 and exup system and the unbolting it with out droping it cause that stuff was heavy

·
Registered
538 Posts
Can somebody please explain the first step in the cobra swept instructions. It talks about removing the fuse box and freeing the female connector by accessing from under the rear fender with a flat blade screwdriver and then disconnecting the male 02 sensor connector from the female connector......... ???

·
Registered
562 Posts
ao said:
i dont know about the cobras but the hardest part to me was getting the stock exhaust off un hooking the o2 and exup system and the unbolting it with out droping it cause that stuff was heavy
I agree. I think the secret is to leave the exhaust attached loosely to the engine. With it supported by the engine, separate the rear muffler section from the headpipe. This makes it much easier to remove the front portion without scratching anything.
desertraider said:
Can somebody please explain the first step in the cobra swept instructions. It talks about removing the fuse box and freeing the female connector by accessing from under the rear fender with a flat blade screwdriver and then disconnecting the male 02 sensor connector from the female connector......... ???
Not sure I can make it any clearer. I just installed some Cobra Dragsters and thought the instructions were great. Use a slotted screwdriver on the far side of the fusebox (when standing on the right side of bike) to release the box from it's mount. Slide the screwdriver next to the mount vertically. I got my 02 sensor wires disconnected prior to releasing the female portion from it's mount. The female portion is released from the far side of the connector also. It took me a couple tries to get the screwdriver inserted into the correct spot on the connector. Don't force anything. When you get the screwdriver in the sweet spot it will separate easily. I couldn't get the 02 connector back on top of the mount due to the short wires. I had to zip tie it under the mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts