MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading about the cobra dragsters. Does anyone know "for sure" if I can leave on the stock ECU or if I need to get one from Cobra? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put the dragsters on with the stock ECU. I was told it would work fine. They are really loud without the baffles!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Viking said:
Been reading about the cobra dragsters. Does anyone know "for sure" if I can leave on the stock ECU or if I need to get one from Cobra? Thanks.
I have the dragsters. I do not have a fuel processor. I have experienced almost zero backfiring on deceleration. The popping I have experienced was very mild so I wont be geting a processor until I add a big air kit. It seems to run fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those that have the Dragsters, are you happy with them? I really want the Swepts but as we all know those suckers will scrape. My buddy and I were saying that the Swepts follow the lines of the bike better, but if I scraped the pipes that would drive me nuts. Even if it was in an unseen spot. Anywho...I'm on the fence about the Dragsters. I just need some input to push me to the other side ;) .

·
Registered
562 Posts
Tru said:
For those that have the Dragsters, are you happy with them? I really want the Swepts but as we all know those suckers will scrape. My buddy and I were saying that the Swepts follow the lines of the bike better, but if I scraped the pipes that would drive me nuts. Even if it was in an unseen spot. Anywho...I'm on the fence about the Dragsters. I just need some input to push me to the other side ;) .
I'm happy with mine. They are a little quiet at idle but not so quiet as to make me remove the baffles. I like the looks too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have dragsters. Love them. I do have popping on decel. Installed PCIII. Haven't had time to mess different maps yet. The popping improved with manual adjustments on the PCIII, but I need to figure out how to use maps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the dragsters this weekend very simple process. I have to agree with madcruzer a little quiet at idle but the sound is GREAT. I installed the FI2000R as well. Feels like a new bike! :icon10:

·
Registered
211 Posts
With you guys that have the Dragsters I have a question. Imperticular with the tips, now in the instructions it says you have to install them, so I take it thats how you remove the baffles right and they are held in by a set screw?

Well I sent an email to Cobra asking them if they sell other tips for the Dragsters instead just the straight cut tips. I want to make them have the same look as the Samson Street Sweepers or some turn outs that I can aim at like a 45 degree angle to the ground. I think that would look way cool. They can even sell slashers or shark fin tips so us as the customer can really customize our rides.

Do any of you guys think this can be done with the setup on your Dragsters? If Cobra comes back with a big fat (210) NO then I will have to fab some for myself.

Input please. or even up close pix would help a great deal to get my brain's gears spinning.

I haven't bought them yet since I really like the street sweeper look and might wait to buy them depending on $$$$$ and if Samson will make them. By the way does any one know if the Samson Street Sweeper have full length heat shields to hide the bluing I can't find bupkiss on their site?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have the slashdowsn and the answer to your question is no Cobra does not offer other tips. However I think it would be extremley easy to do so. The tips are billet and they have one threaded hole in them the matches a hole in the exhaust pipe. You slide the end cap into the heat shield and screw in the set screw. Thats all there is to it. seems to me you could get a set of slashdown tips which are at 45 degrees turn them out drill and tap a hole and you would be set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the dealer install the dragsters on my Raider and I love them . They told me that the stock ecu would handle them fine. You would only have to put a power comander on unless you change the air filter to a high flow one .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts