MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed some advice... I just got my pipes and am going to attempt to put them on myself. Do I just take off the factory and put on the cobra? Can someone give me some detailed instructions? I am not putting an EFI on so what do I do with the EXUP? Thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
826 Posts
The instructions that you get with your pipes are pretty detailed and should give you everything you need. As far as the exup the unit itself stays on the bike all you will need to do is unhook the cables from it. Make sure you purchase a new set of crush gaskets b4 you attempt to install so you get a good seal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
eian31 said:
The instructions that you get with your pipes are pretty detailed and should give you everything you need. As far as the exup the unit itself stays on the bike all you will need to do is unhook the cables from it. Make sure you purchase a new set of crush gaskets b4 you attempt to install so you get a good seal.
The servo motor stays on the bike while the valve assembly comes off with the stock exhaust.
Just a clarification to help avoid any confusion for anyone else later..........

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yes that!! Sorry I had a brain tumor for breakfast!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Actually I did it in reverse on my Roadliner. Bought the bike with hot shot pipes on it and went back to stock so I had to buy those two cables, figure out how to put the cables into the servo motor and to the Exup and then how to tune the exup. Really not a big deal.
You'll do fine.
Let us hear those pipes will you?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts