MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 200miles and man my tranny is loud and clunky..especially downshifting into 1st or shifting from neutral into 1st.. It's actually kinda embarrasing.. Anyone else notice this on their bikes?? I told the dealer but of course he said the gears have to be broken in...typical response.
:(

·
Registered
826 Posts
Same here, I think it slowly get a little better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i dont guess ive really noticed, its not much differnt from the sound my v-star made, oh and you might wanna check your transfer case oil when i serviced mine it hardly had any in it, i pulled the fill leval plug and leaned the bike as far over as could and never got anything to come out. dont know if that would cuase the noise cause the tranny uses the some oil as the engine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello
I have the same problem and does not bother me much. Normal sound from that trans. Also read in Motorcycle Crusier Magazine that if you hold the clutch all the way in for a moment before shifting, trans will shift much smother. (It works) They (Motorcycle Crusier Mag) have a nice comparsion of the Raider and the Rocker this month. Guess who wins. Your right the Raider with 8 Gs worth of reasons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.