MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I find information about chromed stock rims. I read some time ago about a program to have the stock rims polished and chromed. Who does it, how much is the cost, and how long the lead time?
I've seen pictures here on the forum but can't find them.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wolf...

A number of us (me included) have used Performance Edge. They're located in Ohio.. Their chrome is absolutely impeccable. You can find them here:

http://www.raiderperformance.com/aftermarket.htm

They operate an exchange service.... you send them yours and they replace them with a chromed version of the same wheel.

I also had my front calipers, rear hub and pulley, and rear rotor plate chromed and my front rotors polished. Excellent job all around. The rotors were so well polished that the dealership initially refused to put them back on because they thought they had been chromed.... and yes... I had the dealership do all the work because I had never done any work on my bikes in the past because I didn't have a site like this (with the caliber of knowledge we have here) to support doing anything myself. I have since modified my pipes by drilling some holes in the baffles. Yeah, I know... not a big deal but, it's my first mod... thanks to this site.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So very little turnaround time, I LIKE that, that's what I was looking for and why I was holding off till the off season, I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the added info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought I might mention cycleimage.com out of california,I have purchased thier chrome before and is excellant,there is no down time,they exchange wheels,sending you thiers and then you send your old ones back to them,like I previously stated have had excellent service and great product at a little better price.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mr. T.
Thanks for the information.
How much was the damage to the treasury after the purchase?
Just need a rough idea to see how soon I can get it done.

Thanks again,

Wolfraider

·
Registered
499 Posts
wolfraider said:
Hey Mr. T.
Thanks for the information.
How much was the damage to the treasury after the purchase?
Just need a rough idea to see how soon I can get it done.

Thanks again,

Wolfraider
Not cheap... but mods rarely are. ;D
The rims run around 1K... all the other stuff I had done about another 1K.. including shipping. Lot's of money but... OMG... what a great job.

Would I do it again? You betcha.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mr. T.,
I found a dealer in my raea who has a set of chromed rims and will put them on my bike after Memorial day.
I'm tickled pink. It's not breaking the bank but waiting would break my heart. I thought of doing it in ther winter but this opportunity is to good to wait untill then.
Talk about obsession. I'm hooked.

Thanks again for all your input.

·
Registered
123 Posts
vintagecar1957 said:
Hey Wolf,

If you want to see stock wheels chromed, check these pics of my bike:

http://creativegraphx.com/raider/chrome.html

I love it! Shiny is good!

(makes me go even faster!)
But all that chrome makes your bike heavier...so it must be even slower than a stock 'S'! Now the black ones aren't burdened with the extra weight. Therefore they must be faster...LOL

CHROME-ON-RED... :swear:

BLACK-ON-BLACK... :wave:

Cheers, Scooter

G

·
No, No, No!

Less wind resistance on Chrome!
Smooth and sleek = fast!.... :super: :lol8:

(if anything makes my bike heavier, it's probably my 250 pounds!!!!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
vintagecar1957 said:
No, No, No!

Less wind resistance on Chrome!
Smooth and sleek = fast!.... :super: :lol8:

(if anything makes my bike heavier, it's probably my 250 pounds!!!!)
Black is smooth and sleek...like snake skin, and is normally associated with stealth...can't imagine a chrome-plated B-2!

Get yourself some shiny, skin tight BLACK leathers to help with the aerodynamics...Now chrome leathers would look really, really silly and wouldn't be very practical either!

When we have the first Raider forums bike meet, we will have to put the colour/chrome theory to the test Ravens 'v' S's - how the hell I'm going to get my Raider back to the US I don't know! But I'll work something out, being a Raven rider and all... :blbl:

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey vintagecar1957,

Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see those beautyfull rims on my bike. It will complete to look of black and chrome.

Thanks again to all you guys.

PS: Speed doesn't matter to me that much because I want my bike to be seen on the road by as many people as possible. So I go slow to give them as much exposure as possible at any given time. 3300 miles of pure joy.

·
Registered
826 Posts
LDIReproPhil said:
My rims should be back in 2 weeks. $800 plus $60 to remount. ;D
Where did you send them? Contact Info?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wolf,
You got pics
I don't think I have seen a Raven with chrome wheels yet????
Gimme Gimme Gimme :icon10:

Oh and the dealer that you got yours from......does he have anymore for sale and what was the price?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey eian31,
I'll get them within the next two days. It looks sharp and finished the bike. I have people giving me thumbs up or asking me about the bike wherever I stop. It's a lot of fun.
The dealer had those wheels on a blue one in his showroom and was willing to swap them with mine.
Cost $850.00 + tax for the wheels and $125.00 for labor.
I was happy to do it because I didn't have to wait.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hell yeah thats a great deal. did you get the hub and the pulley as well?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts