MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get some chrome rims on my Raider and was looking for some options and prices.

Are most people getting their OEM rims chrome? About how much?

Is it better to purchase new chrome rims instead of getting the OEM rims chrome? About how much? Any pictures that anyone can share.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you go with the RC Components you are looking at roughly $3400 for wheels, pulley, and rotors. If you go with the stockers, you are looking at roughly $1600-$1700 dollars for chroming of wheels, pulley and hub to include polishing all three rotors. I went with Performance Edge, they have awesome customer service and their chrome is second to none.

Jack

·
Registered
499 Posts
Went the same route a AFJACK. Talked to a RC Components dealer… 3,800.00 plus tax just for the wheels. I had my wheels, front calipers, pulley, hub and rear rotor plate chromed and the front rotors polished by Performance Edge for half of that. And, like AFJACK said, their chrome is second to none.

Awesome job.

·
Registered
826 Posts
What is everyone doing with the rear caliper and bracket. I have not seen much mention of this being chromed, but to me if everything is chrome back there the black would really stick out?? Are you guys chroming that as well?

·
Registered
499 Posts
When I replace the stock pipes with the Vance and Hines/Palhegyi exhaust (cross my fingers)... I'll look into that.
But with the stock pipes on there... you can't really sit it anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts