MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

Wanted to let you know that we've now got a Chin Spoiler available for the Raider. If you're not too crazy about the Corbin version, this Low & Mean unit should be a little more your speed. Much lower profile, blends into the front downtubes of the frame instead of dominating the entire front end of the bike, and compliments the Raider's chopper aesthetic.

http://raiderperformance.com/marketplace.htm#chin

FYI - we're also going to be introducing a couple of new front fenders (FINALLY) that will compliment the spoiler as well - there's a couple of pictures if you scroll down under the spoiler.

Those of you waiting for Hal's (Direct Line Parts) Wide wheels, levers, kickstands and other cool stuff, we'll have them on the Marketplace page as well. They're currently at the chromer. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That looks sweet NJ!!! do they come painted or just primed?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sweet do you have an estimate on the cost for the fenders??

·
Registered
168 Posts
According to the fender description "Engineered to bolt directly to the Raider's forks with no modifications, both models will be available shortly." there won't be any need to buy any brackets or anything else right???

If so, add me to waiting list on this fenders

GC

·
Registered
236 Posts
You're freakin' killing me, or should I say my wallet. Sign me up for both, with the screen's in the chin spoiler, I'll have to obviously have them painted to match the Red S! Thinking about a little airbrushing for the fender. It'll look sick, I can see it already. Love the Reaper fender. Guess the wheels will have to wait till winter.Thanks alot! :icon_evil:

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gc_raider said:
According to the fender description "Engineered to bolt directly to the Raider's forks with no modifications, both models will be available shortly." there won't be any need to buy any brackets or anything else right???

If so, add me to waiting list on this fenders

GC
No additional brackets - direct bolt-on.

Shoot me an email - I'll email you updates as I get them.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Similar, just a couple of differences I should point out, that I think make it even better on the Raider...

- Being an air cooled machine, the Raider doesn't have a radiator to contend with, so the spoiler assembly isn't so bulky around to the top and sides.
- On the Raider, most of the assembly fits in-between the frame tubes (except for the bottom portion, or course), leading to a much cleaner installation, so it doesn't dominate the entire front of the bike or add any thickness.

I'll get some better pictures on the Raider soon.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am going to throw an idea out here and see if maybe there would be enough interest to get it accomplished. If not no big deal but I just thought this might save everyone interested some money.

Does anyone know of a good quality painter that would take these parts on in a lot and shoot them to the factory colors and give us a quantity discount? If they were shooting 1 or 20 I don't think it would take that much more time for them so maybe we could get a deal if their is enough interest.

I am digging that Reaper fender!! Just wanted to throw this out, if it is a dumb idea someone feel free to slap the sh!t out of me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ShapeMaster, Inc. aka ken cooley or Nomadken on this and other forums is developing a Chin Spoiler for the Raider.
This spoiler will not be a complete full height spoiler but one that comes to the first cross over bar and will be shaped to accent the Raider and not distract from the Chopper appeal of the bike.

One feature our chin spoiler will have is a removable and customizable water jet cut aluminum sheet metal insert that you can have your own custom name, bike name, logo or pattern cut into. This insert will then bolt onto the chin spoiler in the "vent" area and protect the chin and oil filter from rock strikes.

The intention will be to make the chin spoiler available with or without the metal insert. For those who want no venting or minimal venting to the oil filter we can accomodate that. For those who will like the metal insert for looks and accent plus the added protection we will make this as an option and offer custom cutting.

I have preliminary work done on this and hope to continue this next week.

As we continue to develop Raider accessories we will offer them through RaiderPerformance.com exclusively.

Soon we will have what we call our "Day Tripper" custom bike cover. This Raider cover will be made out of a silver reflective spandex that will fit to the rear fender end and cover the fuel tank and strap on quickly. Less than 30sec's to put on and so light you can carry in a small bag on the bike or your tank bag. The "Day Tripper" will have the Raider name "logo" silk screened on (if you prefer or not) and will have options for custom silk screening for your special bike.

See my posts on the Raider cover.

Additionally we are working on a custom hard bag that will match the shape and style of the billet chrome rear fender (Star billet rack for solo riding) and allow for a quick snap fit to the rack and removable with a shoulder strap for slinging over your shoulder and taking with you.

Keep in touch.

Ken Cooley
Nomadken
www.shape-master.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am digging that Reaper fender!!

NJ, sign me up for both. And I think Eian has a good idea there. I'm in.

GC

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.