MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to scare the living shite out of the next idiot 4 wheel cager that begins to pull out in front of you/cut over into your lane/etc.??? --install the STEBEL horn. loud as a trucker's air horn but compact. google stebel horn -or look on ebay. nautilus black model is one i have on another bike. --$35-40.00. plus s/h. no installation instructions--because i don't have my raider yet. --john

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this little italian horn is 10db louder than rivco and requires no air compressor ,plus 1/5 the cost!--john

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had one of those nautilus horns on my VTX and rode with over 50 guys and nobody had a louder horn. Even louder that those expensive air horns. A guy on the vtx list fabricated a bracket for the vtx so you couldn't see the horn but man it sure made people jump out of their seats! I would get one but will wait for someone with more fabrication sense to do it first.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
John don't be trying to peddle your stuff here. I bought the raider because it has a beautiful sounding horn and self canceling turn signals and an accurate fuel guage all of which the rocket didn't have. hehe Our pipes sound so good we don't use the horn,we just use the throttle. You know iam kidden those horns are a lot of fun. Just don't blow it in your basement.Huh what ya say..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lunchbox--my mama has a cadillac. how much are you paying?? --ha! --------busa--don't be telling these folks about that lucrative yamaha raider aftermarket horn business i have going!!! hand signals and throwing bike back and forth to judge fuel level still work good down south here! i ain't paying for those fancy options! john

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a Stebel on my 1100 Shadow Spirit and it generally gets noticed. I still wish it was louder! lol. It doesn't prevent anyone from pulling right into your lane - just lets them know you were there. I got run right off to the shoulder one morning on the way to work on I-5. Then later that morning had someone pull right out in front of me damn near point blank from a side street. It was an old man with obvious hearing problems - not to mention seeing problems. I have loud pipes on the Shadow. Probably going to get some aftermarket pipes and a Stebel for the Raider, but it still isn't going to stop the idiots from 'not seeing' or hearing you. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pink--you gotta hit the button sooner. be obnoxious. they are! and they won't get a scratch on their butt when they hit you! i hit the button when they "look like" they are about to screw up! my 60 yr. old bones don't heal as fast as yours!--ha! --john

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Cant believe you guys didn't mention a pocket full of half inch ball bearings. :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Come on John,you act like an angel.Chuck a handfull of ballbearings at their rear window. Will shatter and get their attention. Also great for tailgateres but the front windows wont shatter.Just big ol stars. :rant-rave: :rant-rave: :icon_razz:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whoa... Busa.

I'm not convinced that's a viable solution. Escalation rarely is.

Texas, as does Wyoming, has a concealed hand gun law.

It's just flat out not worth it...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Woa T,gimee a brake,why would I carry a pocket full of bearings when I can carry a gun. Where,s your sense of humor?? :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :wave: :wave: :icon10: :laugh: ;D :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Busa...

Sorry buddy...
After seein' your 19xx's Chicago Style "hit man" car (very nice btw :thumbup:) I guess I just pictured a couple of Tommy Guns comin' out the back window after those ballbearings broke it. yikes01

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
TEHE... T, thats a totally stock 34 ford 5 window coupe.(except tires wheels and lowering) Do ya really think It looks like a ganster car. I think most ganster wagons were four doors so they could get more fire power in them.They done in Bonnie & Clide in a 34 ford but it was a two door sedan. Think its on display somewhere in Vegas. :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
292 Posts
brian4bes said:
Great info on the horns, the ebay store led me to this site. http://www.bikerhiway.com/ Has a few things I've been thinking about getting (PIAA light bulb).

Hey pink, welcome. Glad to see Washington is getting more raider riders on the forum.

Brian
Thanks, Brian. This site has a warm feel to it. BTW - what's the difference between a 'contibutor' and a 'full member'?
I'm on the VTXOA site and have my own site (http://hondabikes.meetup.com/176/). I guess I'm a full member there. What's up here? We already have so many rides I can't keep up with all of them. It sure would be nice to have another Raider on the rides. Check us out if you are so inclined. What's going on down your way?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Pink,
Its has to do with the number of posts thats has been submitted. I think 100+ is full member and 200 or 250+ is senior member. Are you going on that memorial day ride this Saturday. It leaves from the Safeway in Yelm at 930 am. We are going to the Vets home in Orting. If you haven't heard and are interested, send me a PM with your email address, I'll forward the info. I checked out your site, maybe I'll see ya around...

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts