MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who rides a 1300 VTX with Bubs and I absolutely LOVe the sound! I don't know what it is about his pipes but I want my Shadow to sound like that and I'm thinking that the Raider would sound even better with 1854cc vs 1300. I think I'm going to hold off for a while and stay in touch with Bubs to see what they come up with. Come to think of it, I have another friend who rides a VTX 1300 with two into one sideburner and another 1800 with sideburner and they both sound great, too. Hmmm - it's a difficult decision. Personally, I love the curves of the long Cobra pipes for the Shadow. There simply aren't any other pipes out there quite like them. Yeah - V&H has the shorty version, but short pipes give a whold different resonance. Longer and bigger diameter give that deep, low sound I like so much.
After riding a Harley with drag pipes for 3 years, I've kinda gotten used to the sound. There's a lot you can tell from that sound and I still use the lessons learned today on out Shadow 1100. I can tell if she's struggling, if the oil is hot, if the gas it cheap, or if the humidity is high or low. I sure hope Bubs makes a nice set for the Raider soon. Otherwise I'll have to go with a second or third choice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts