MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I'm an an exhaust serach frenzy here:

This is the pipe I have on my Warrior: http://bub.com/Motorcycles/Yamaha/Warrior/14-2010/14-2010.html

I'm wondering if it would work on the Raider? I guess the first question is pipe diameter (I'm in the US, my bikes are in Thailand so I can't measure them). Any other input of points to consider?

Cheers,

Scooter

G

·
Re: Bub exhaust

I'd buy them just for the names!
Jug Huggers, Big Willy?

Great names for pipes!

Hope they get to the Raider soon!
More manufacturers need to get on board for this hot bike!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: Bub exhaust

I had the Bub's Jug Huggers on my 06 Warrior. They sounded great. I talked to Bub a while back about pipes for the Raider. They said "yes"... but not 'what", or "when".

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bub exhaust (Raider pipes on the way)

Messages from Bub Enterprises Inc

"Hello Scooter

We are currently in the design stage of producing systems for the Yamaha Raider and many other new bikes. Please keep checking back with us for updates. The system referenced in your email will not work with the Raider.

Thank You

Brad Williams

Tech & Warranty

BUB Enterprises, Inc.

877-282-7473 ext 221"

AND

"Scooter,

Our R&D department is working on a system for the Raider now. The design and testing is in the early stages and at this time I do not have a date when the system will be released to production. Please feel free to check back any time to see if there is any new information on this system.

Regards

Robert

Thanks for your interest in our products.
Robert Collier
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1.800.934.9739Ext. 215 or 1.530.477.7490 Ext. 215
Fax: 1.530.477.6386
BUB Enterprises
"We make Pipes for Bikes."
Visit our website at
www.bub.com"

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: Bub exhaust (Raider pipes on the way)

Our R&D department is working on a system for the Raider now. The design and testing is in the early stages and at this time I do not have a date when the system will be released to production. Please feel free to check back any time to see if there is any new information on this system.

Regards

Robert

Thanks for your interest in our products.
Robert Collier
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1.800.934.9739Ext. 215 or 1.530.477.7490 Ext. 215
Fax: 1.530.477.6386
BUB Enterprises
"We make Pipes for Bikes."
Visit our website at
www.bub.com"

[/quote]

WOW actual testing.. I am about at the point where I am gonna wait till next year to buy pipes and may just get some chrome rims on for this year

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nomadken said:
The Bub brand is good. Those pipes look like a sport bike. Not interested.

Keep up the search. So far Morton's has the only decent looking two up pipes IMHO.

Best,

Ken
To me the Mortons and Cobras Swepts look lost on the bike...that great void where the stock pipes use to be, the rear end appears out of balance. Also the Mortons and Cobras Swepts and straight drags destroy the lines of the bike, particularly the lines around the rear fender. I'm not sure about the need for noisy pipes either, good sounding is OK...down right noisy???

The V&H Big Raduis 2-1 with it's profile looks like it belongs, I think the Bub Slash cut style would look OK (unfortuneately, Bub says it won't fit) and it would allow you to keep the EXUP operational. Pity Super Trapp aren't doing pipes too: the 'Fat Shots' or 'Kerker K Series slip-ons would look good and t00, would maybe allow you to keep the EXUP operational. But with the scavenging afect of the disc'd pipes may cancel out it's benefit, or the EXUP would cancel out the discs effect.

Just my two-penneth...

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nomadken said:
The Bub brand is good. Those pipes look like a sport bike. Not interested.

Keep up the search. So far Morton's has the only decent looking two up pipes IMHO.

Best,

Ken
I agree, although I like the look of the swepts the chance that I could scrape them bothers me. I like the Mortons too but I dont think they make heat shields that cover everything that will turn blue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.