MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm pretty anal about water spots on my bike and my wife talked me into
getting the raven raider black and water spots dont mix, so when it came time
to wash it for the first time i got crafty i went to safeway and bought 7 gal of
distilled water and ran it through my pressure washer and let me tell you
this is the only way i will ever wash my bike again 9$ of water and the bike
looks great not a spot it looks better than when i bought it
so if your anal like me give it a try

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just use regular faucet water and afterwards I use my leaf blower to blow dry the bike. Gets rid of water spots and also get the water from hard to get areas around seal, spark plugs etc. works great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been using the leaf blower on my other bike for a year or so but for the raider
i had to go above and beyond , and doing it this way the blowers not realy needed
with no minerals in the water it just beads off and drys real quick .
but your right the leaf blower works pretty good to

·
Registered
168 Posts
still cheaper than a car wash I guess

·
Registered
326 Posts
those are both good ideas that ill have to try ;D, do you not have to worry about the leaf blower blowing stuff back on the bike?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with the leaf blower nothing realy blows back on the bike but before i wash my bike i blow or rinse the area
that the bike will be parked while washing

·
Registered
220 Posts
Be careful of pressure washers!!!!!!!

The paint used for bikes is different than cars. it is much softer - therefore - using a pressure washer MAY begin to literally PUSH the dirt into the paint!!!!!!!!

Take some cellophane from a cigarette pack or any type of non-stick SUPER thin plastic - wrap it around your fingers - then gently go across your paint. You're doing this to literally "feel" any deposits left in your paint over time - if you simply run your fingers across the paint - you won't feel much. The cellophane, when stretched over your fingers, helps you seek out problem areas.

If you do feel ANY dirt, specs, etc... even right after you just washed/waxed it, etc. - it's time to get a clay bar and get that dirt out of that paint.

You won't need to spend money on expensive "wax strippers" - ordinary dishwashing detergent will work fine (palmolive, joy, etc)

·
Registered
220 Posts
WaRaider said:
I just use regular faucet water and afterwards I use my leaf blower to blow dry the bike. Gets rid of water spots and also get the water from hard to get areas around seal, spark plugs etc. works great.
That's the no.1 way of getting water off the bike/hard to reach areas! I do the same, lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have only had my Raider a couple of days.
But on my XL I use the Mr. Clean machine it does a bang up job and does leave any
water marks when it drys.
I probably use that on the Raider.
Rain here today maybe tomorrow and possibly snow on Sunday Monday
Might be a few days be for I get it dirty enough to wash it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts