MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks, there are so many companies wanting my money, it's good to learn who's worth dealing with.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Maybe NJRaider can compile a list of those companies not to do business with and keep it on the Raider page.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I felt I should inform you as to the games Bikerhaven plays. If you order something from them be prepared to wait quite a while for them to ship it. If you look at their Ebay ratings, a high percentage of the negative responses were in regards to shipping.

I normally wouldn't badmouth a company for this but I called them and specifically asked if they could get my order to me before a certain date and they assured me that they could.

I feel that is a bad business policy and wanted to let everyone know so that they don't go through what I'm going through now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I second that motion Mr T.
If we recommend someone for the good job they do, good product or whatever, we should also keep a list of those that are not so hot.

GC

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for passing that along! pacificcoaststar.com is another after market vendor that takes their sweet time shipping as well as refunding. I ordered mirrors from them and when I finally received them one was cracked. I returned them and since I was dissatisfied with their promptness or lack of I asked them to credit my CC. It took over a week after they had received them and a phone call before I saw the credit on my CC.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Got a bad PClll from Morepower Racing. They wont take it back.I was told to call POWER COMANDER,DYNO JET. Three days of busy signals on there only line.Bike would only run on one cyl. 3 emails and no answers yet,go with any other fuel controler but Dyno Jet.Have had 6 of them,and when they work,they're just great, but when they dont, don't count on any customer service.Must be the Chinese and Korean parts. They are so proud to say made in america but with Foreign parts. Just like HD saying they're motors are american made. Yes they are machiened here but they are cast in India.. :rant-rave: :rant-rave: :rant-rave:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
busajack said:
Got a bad PClll from Morepower Racing. They wont take it back.I was told to call POWER COMANDER,DYNO JET. Three days of busy signals on there only line.Bike would only run on one cyl. 3 emails and no answers yet,go with any other fuel controler but Dyno Jet.Have had 6 of them,and when they work,they're just great, but when they dont, don't count on any customer service.Must be the Chinese and Korean parts. They are so proud to say made in america but with Foreign parts. Just like HD saying they're motors are american made. Yes they are machiened here but they are cast in India.. :rant-rave: :rant-rave: :rant-rave:
My rocket lll I believed was made in Britian but the frame and gas tank and other parts were made in Taiwan. Any one know if Raider Parts are made anywhere but Japan? Thanks. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
busajack said:
busajack said:
I am sorry if the unit you received was faulty. All warranties are done directly through the manufacturers. Ware not trying to stick you with a bad power commander;we are trying to facilitate a way to get it fixed or replaced.

Dyno Jet should not have a problem trouble shooting the unit with you. If it is bad, they should repair it or send a new one (depending on the circumstance). It happens occasionally that a faulty unit is sent and I have never had any issues with them refusing service or advice in the past.

If you are still having troubles getting through to them, let me know and I will get a direct extension of someone that can help you out. Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Mr. T said:
Maybe NJRaider can compile a list of those companies not to do business with and keep it on the Raider page.
One of the good things we can do collectively is demand better service from the industry as a whole. If you have a problem with a vendor, definitely send me an email, and I can start tracking these situations.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Luke,its a dam shame we have to go through this kinda process to get assistance with a product. It will take a while but the net will weed out the poor products and services.Is there anyone here who hasen't been riped off or at least dissapointed with a product or service? More Power Racing has at least responded to my delema and really seems concerened. A big thumbs up to them.Best prices I have found. But a co. the size of Dyno Jet that cannot have more than one help line is a disgrace to our american way of life. Just try and get to the owners of these companies.I challange the owner of dynojet to contact me. HA. Oh well,Iam just a disabled American Vet.that cannot go up against a big corp.Like DynoJet and I,am almost use to it. God help your Grandchildren.Rant over. Thanks gang

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just called my dealer and cancelled the order on the power commander.
Not willing to go through the same thing. Don't have the patience.
I'll wait a little longer.
It's just sad that these people don't take a bit of the same effort they make to take your money, to make sure that a customer is a satisfied customer.
So far Mortons, Morepower and Bikerhaven are on my black list.
Will not spend a penny with them.

GC

·
Registered
373 Posts
Since we have this thread, I would like to send out a great Thanks to Brian at http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/. Very professional, answered all my questions politely, and went out of his way to ensure I was satisfied with my products. And they don't charge your credit card until the item is available to ship.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, it's not all bad out there. A BIG thanks to Matt at Performance Edge. I ordered the sidemount plate from him and somehow the shipment got mixed up and I never recieved the first plate. I called and we talked about it and he sent me out a new platemount the day that I talked to him. I had ordered the chrome cover w/Red LED but he said he was out of the chrome with the red, so either wait till the chrome came in or he had a black with the red LED set to go. I agreed to take the black to get it here sooner(God I'm freakin' impatient when I think about it!!) Well, recieved it 2 day's after we last spoke, and low and behold, it's the chrome cover. To say I'm pleased with the quality of the sidemount would be an understatement. I've seen some cheesy one's on other bikes. Anyway, thanks Matt, I'll be calling about the chrome stockers, pulley and hub.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This is a good thread, lets us know who cares an who dosen't.Seems the bigger they are the less they care.Happy customers speak up about your purchases..Jack :icon_wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
WaRaider said:
Since we have this thread, I would like to send out a great Thanks to Brian at http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/. Very professional, answered all my questions politely, and went out of his way to ensure I was satisfied with my products. And they don't charge your credit card until the item is available to ship.
I couldn't agree more. Brian was very helpful when I was trying to locate and purchase my pipes/fuel controller and even worked with me on pricing when in reality, he didn't have to because nobody else had any in stock! He took the time to make sure that everything would arrive on time and even chatted for a few minutes when it was obvious he was pretty busy. I will make sure to try to purchase whatever future options I go with through him.

·
Registered
671 Posts
TELL ME THAT WOULDNT LEAVE A 6" SNAIL TRACK ON YOUR SEAT...LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys/gals, my name is Dustin and I work for Dynojet Research. One of your members brought this link to my attention and I just wanted to reply. I have worked for Dynojet for 9 years and take great pride in the products we deliver and the customer support. Unfortunately we are not perfect and I am more than aware that our support could be better. Our phone lines are crazy right now as sales are very good. It does sound like this customer has a ligitament issue and we are more than happy to make it right. We work at less than a 1% return rate which in the electronics business is well below the standard. We have also replaced units that are over 4 years old even though our policy is a 1 year limited warranty.

As all things in life there are 2 sides to every story so I thought you should see both sides. Here is my correspondance. Thanks for your time.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Who did you send emails to prior? I ask as I see all emails coming thru that are for Power Commanders and we respond usually within a 24hr period. I am currently at the World Superbike event in Utah and as you can see am still doing emails. We take pride in our customer service and try to help out the customer as best as possible. Our phone lines are crazy right now and we apologize if you can not get thru.
We are taking in access of 400 calls a day and there are moments that even if we hired 10 more guys not all the lines would get answered.

If you should have a problem with your PCIII the warranty is handled directly thru our office in Las Vegas. You would need to call 800-992-4993 x1147 or 1109 and they can get you handled. Thanks.

This is what I got back...

Yes I called More Power Raciing to get a return auth. and was told to call your one and only I-800 #. How do your investors feel about 400 calls a day on one line? Investors mean you realy don't have a boss EH. How do your investors feel about your 1 Mil. fine from the EPA.How do your investors feel about Tune Boy shuting you down? You hot shot business men are the reason your Grand Children are not going to have a life.How do your investors feel about your (RETURN POLICY COMMING SOON?) Bet they dont know anything about these things EH.. Now (you) call More Power Racing and mabey between the two of you,you can tell me who to send this americian product that I put on a perfect Jap motorcycle back to. If you tell me to call your 1-800-992-4993 again or have MPR call you on your EXT 1110 I just might come down there and say hello.You really dont understand do you. You can call me at 307-632-9101 and ask me about my accusations.Oh yes and how come your Resellers can sell for almost one hundred dollars less than you? Better let your Resellers know your policys. I,am a customer but from your Emails you dont seem to understand that. Iam not one that can just blow off 300 bucks like a lot of folks that have trouble with your products.Wonder if I should have the wifes attorneys waste their time suing for my hours waisted with you Business men..Get a job.

And this...

Oh Dusty,is your 400 calls a day because of all the problems? Your bussiness problems arent my problems.Wise up and give me your bosses email. I see where you just raised some prices to almost 400 dollars. I know whats in these things, about 30 bucks worth of foreign parts and connectors. Dare you to show these Emails to your boss.

Not sure what else I can do for this!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
WOW!!! Dustin, that sheds some light on things, I think.......Thanks for posting.
I'll continue doing business with Dyno Jet, mostly because out of the dozen or more Power Commanders I have personally bought and installed and had no problems with, and the dozens more I've seen or heard installed with no problems. (Have I just been lucky, maybe?)
I do hope If I am unfortunate enough to have a problem, you'll do just as you are, the best you can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts