MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
has anyone removed the upper and lower belt guards on your bikes. I'm riding solo and have removed the passenger pegs. Any downsides?
I would love to see more of the wheel on that side too.
Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have heard of several people removing them all together, however i have heard you have to pull the rear wheel to get the lower guard off. The only thing I would worry about would something for whatever reason getting caught in there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You do not have to remove the rear wheel to get the lower belt guard off. I pulled both my guards off. I might put the top back if I get a chrome one but I think chrome belt guard looks funny without the rest of the wheel and sprocket chromed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
desertraider said:
You do not have to remove the rear wheel to get the lower belt guard off. I pulled both my guards off. I might put the top back if I get a chrome one but I think chrome belt guard looks funny without the rest of the wheel and sprocket chromed.
So, what is the process to taking ogff that lloower guard? And we need Pics LOl

·
Registered
499 Posts
You may want to think twice about removing the guards.

I had a Warrior... I got a pebble caught between the belt and the pulley. The pulley pushed the pebble into the belt and caused a dimple in the belt. The dealearship said that the Warrior created so much torque that I would shred the belt at the dimple if I "got on it". The belt cost $400.00 (they're made with Kevlar).

So.. with the amount of torque the Raider produces.... ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts