MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I've seen pictures of both, and they look very, very similar, including the small venturis/velocity stacks they both use, and the breathers. It looks like they use slightly different size filters (both K&N), but that's about it. I suspect they both function exactly the same.

The Thunder kit is less expensive by about $50. I'll be installing the Thunder kit myself, and I'll post pics and our review as soon as it's done.

·
Registered
168 Posts
At the risk of sounding ignorant, what does BAK stand for and what's its function???

GC

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
"Big Air Kit" - Baron's Custom and Patrick Racing's name for their versions of a high-flow intake system.

The function - regardless of brand - is to remove (in most cases) the restrictive stock airbox assembly, and replace it with an open element system (usually K&N) which flows significantly more air into the engine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
when i had my tank off i noticed there were about 6 different connections for the harness going from front to back snapped onto the top of the stock air box what will you do with those connections ???

·
Registered
373 Posts
And how you install it, Knew to motorcycles mods

1 - 17 of 17 Posts