MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed the cobra dragsters. The soung ficken awsome. My Fi200r will be here wednesday. I'm getting some backfiring when i let off of the throttle. Once I install the processor will that take care of the backfire?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes. I will be installing the Fi2000R O2, K&N air filter with modded box and Cobra Swepts today and hopefully - if time allows - I'll have my write-up on the procedure done today or tomorrow at the latest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also installed Dragsters last weekend. Looks and sounds great except for backfire. Got the Fi2000r coming hopefully this week

·
Registered
326 Posts
unless there not sealed off good at the head that backfiring will clear up after the stock cpu has had time to adjust ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ao-
How long does that typisally take? I've probably put 25 to 30 miles since the install. Shouldn't the stock cpu alreay cleared that up?

·
Registered
220 Posts
cox1244 said:
ao-
How long does that typisally take? I've probably put 25 to 30 miles since the install. Shouldn't the stock cpu alreay cleared that up?
You need to go through several heat/cool cycles - riding it until it gets to normal operating temperature - then shutting the bike off to let it cool. Then riding it again until it gets hot - then shutting it off to let it cool - etc. Do this several times. It make take a few days. Simply riding it for a few hours or X miles one time will not do the trick.

I installed the Fi2000R O2 on mine, K&N and Cobra Swepts - although everything is connected fine - you sill still get backfiring when coming off of WOT high RPM's - maybe 1 backfire - but under normal driving conditions - you will get 0 backfiring.

I've noticed even stock bikes backfire this way so I'm not worried. I'm not going WOT and high RPM's every time I move my bike :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ninja-Matic said:
You need to go through several heat/cool cycles - riding it until it gets to normal operating temperature - then shutting the bike off to let it cool. Then riding it again until it gets hot - then shutting it off to let it cool - etc. Do this several times. It make take a few days. Simply riding it for a few hours or X miles one time will not do the trick.

I installed the Fi2000R O2 on mine, K&N and Cobra Swepts - although everything is connected fine - you sill still get backfiring when coming off of WOT high RPM's - maybe 1 backfire - but under normal driving conditions - you will get 0 backfiring.

I've noticed even stock bikes backfire this way so I'm not worried. I'm not going WOT and high RPM's every time I move my bike :D
I haven't got my Fi2000R O2 yet. But I still only get the backfire when abrubtly letting off the throttle from a hard run. And then is it one single backfire. Actually sounds kinda cool. Like it is saying yea give me more. LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
WaRaider said:
Ninja-Matic said:

I haven't got my Fi2000R O2 yet. But I still only get the backfire when abrubtly letting off the throttle from a hard run. And then is it one single backfire. Actually sounds kinda cool. Like it is saying yea give me more. LOL
Aye - same here - just 1 backfire almost mid-way through the downstroke in RPM's. I figure it has to be pretty normal if it only happens once right after WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts