MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a wiring kind of guy so I need some help. Are both wires on the aux. power connector under the seat a hot lead for when the ignition is on so that you can have two connections to the aux? Also, what do you call the pins that you need to connect to your lead to go into that connector and where can you find those?

·
Registered
326 Posts
no ones a ground and ones a hot, i belive the dealer has the plug for that, but you can probably ride to a radio shack and match them up pretty easy ;D

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I wired my GPS I removed the 'cap' that comes on the AUX harness then ran the wires through this 'cap'. If you look into the connector you will see a place to insert the wires where they will be pinched to the metal inside the connector. I recommend soldering the wire ends of whatever you are connecting. This makes the wires easier to insert into the connector. I then slid the 'cap' back onto the connector which locked the wiring in place. This setup is working fine so I guess I did it right. BTW, I wired them: Brown-HOT/Black-GROUND.

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts