MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ya'll Okies too...Since ya' ain't a nine iron away either...

I been lurking and thought I'd say high, and thanks for the killer forum! :wave:
I've been thinking bike for a while now. Likely a mid life crisis, but It's probably safer than
a 20 year old hottie.
Thought I knew what I wanted but then I saw the Raider. I'm about two shakes of a rats snakes tail from pulling the trigger on one of my own.

This has been the first bike "The War Department" < the wife for all you single fellas... ;)
and I could agree on. Since I can't find a bad word about this ride, looks like it will be the one.
After a visit to the insurance agent (life not vehicle... My last bike was a XL500 about '82).
I guess I'll hit the streets looking to deal.

Ya'll take care now :smoking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Hmmmm...

You are most definately suffering from "Raideritis"...

... and you know there's only 1 cure.... ;D

Welcome aboard...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
ArkRaider said:
Ok ya'll Okies too...Since ya' ain't a nine iron away either...

I been lurking and thought I'd say high, and thanks for the killer forum! :wave:
I've been thinking bike for a while now. Likely a mid life crisis, but It's probably safer than
a 20 year old hottie.
Thought I knew what I wanted but then I saw the Raider. I'm about two shakes of a rats snakes tail from pulling the trigger on one of my own.

This has been the first bike "The War Department" < the wife for all you single fellas... ;)
and I could agree on. Since I can't find a bad word about this ride, looks like it will be the one.
After a visit to the insurance agent (life not vehicle... My last bike was a XL500 about '82).
I guess I'll hit the streets looking to deal.

Ya'll take care now :smoking:

Hey Ark,

Howdy :wave:. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to meet fellow Raider riders and to learn a thing or two. I really love the War Department thing. Priceless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. T said:
Hmmmm...

You are most definately suffering from "Raideritis"...

... and you know there's only 1 cure.... ;D

Welcome aboard...
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm afraid your right... I keep tyring to talk myself back to sanity but it ain't working.

ao said:
take one of these and call me in the morning ;D
I don't know what color one to take though. Last time I took a red one well two... I fell out on the floor for two days.

I think I like the black...But the "S"hiny ones sure are nice.
I don't think I could get that much bling aftermarket for the price difference.

WaRaider said:
ArkRaider said:
Ok ya'll Okies too...Since ya' ain't a nine iron away either...

I been lurking and thought I'd say high, and thanks for the killer forum! :wave:
I've been thinking bike for a while now. Likely a mid life crisis, but It's probably safer than
a 20 year old hottie.
Thought I knew what I wanted but then I saw the Raider. I'm about two shakes of a rats snakes tail from pulling the trigger on one of my own.

This has been the first bike "The War Department" < the wife for all you single fellas... ;)
and I could agree on. Since I can't find a bad word about this ride, looks like it will be the one.
After a visit to the insurance agent (life not vehicle... My last bike was a XL500 about '82).
I guess I'll hit the streets looking to deal.

Ya'll take care now :smoking:

Hey Ark,

Howdy :wave:. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to meet fellow Raider riders and to learn a thing or two. I really love the War Department thing. Priceless.
Yep, seems like a great group of people. Maybe I won't slum it up too bad. :angel:
Glad I could bring a smile!
Thanks for the welcome!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
ArkRaider said:
...I keep tyring to talk myself back to sanity but it ain't working.
Forget it, bro, just give in and go nuts like the rest of us...

ArkRaider said:
I don't know what color one to take though. Last time I took a red one well two... I fell out on the floor for two days.
I think I like the black...But the "S"hiny ones sure are nice.
UH OH - now you did it. Listen boys, don't start - I'll turn this car around and we can go home right now! :icon_twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
I think I like the black...But the "S"hiny ones sure are nice.
I don't think I could get that much bling aftermarket for the price difference.


ya theres no way, i just kinda figuard around about while looking threw the star catalog and you would probly spend close to 5000 after you were down with yamaha and the chromer for the stuff yamaha dosent have ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
High NJ. :wave:
It does seem resistance is futile...I will be assimilated...And Soon.
OH NO!
Don't turn the car around! I want Ice Cream....Waaaaaaa...

ao...Cuz! Yeah for sure.

I'm headed towards Dallas In the morning. If that don't work I'll try Shreveport and if that don't work there's always Lil Rock. There's one local here black... When I get my low price he said to bring it to him and he'd roll me out the door.

Guess I need to start working on getting a license or learners permit or something.
That will mean a trip to the eye doc for some new peepers first. Man if it ain't one thing it's three...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
try mckinnon yamaha in texarkana phn# 903-832-7476 and ask for gary thats the guy that sold me mine and sold my dad his hes really cool and cares about what you want not one of those just trying to make a sell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I know it's been a minute since I have checked back in here... :wave:
Funny, just when you think ya' have it figured out life take a different turn.

I had to put the raider on hold for a while, as I leave TDY Iraq this week.
Going as civillian DoD employee. Supporting the troops within the MRAP program.
Gotta get some government cheese while it's on the table.

Hate I had to leave before I got a chance to get to know you guys better.
I couldn't bring myself to buy it and let it set for at least a year, just didn't seem right.
When I get back I'm sure McKinnon will get a big chunk of my coin. They are good folks for sure.

You guys keep the light on for me, and when I return I'll be ready to travel the country and
meet up with the some of the best bikers to be found anywhere.
I couldn't leave without saying So long! :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Ark, welcome. F... the permit for now. Go buy the dat gum thang, you will love it. Besides, the dealerships deliver.

I would get the blue one... It's the fastest. ;)

VB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
You want the black one. They are the fastest, coolest, quickest, best mpg, most mph, cheapest insurance and makes the wife happiest bike.

Humbly yours,

Wyle E. Coyote
Super Genius
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Be safe over there.... I'm not sure if it applies for DOD civilians or not. If you can, purchase through AAFES? If you can, you will save a huge chunk of change while your there. Buy it there and pick it up when you get back. Good luck............. :wave:

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
coyote said:
You want the black one. They are the fastest, coolest, quickest, best mpg, most mph, cheapest insurance and makes the wife happiest bike.

Humbly yours,

Wyle E. Coyote
Super Genius
Coyote, you fricking cracking me up. You are a funny dude. We are gonna meat some day, that would be fun, and I will have to let you ride my blue S, and you will want to trade titles. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone!
I am leaning towards the blue raider... Make for a good blank canvas for sure.

Armydan02, welcome home! Glad you made it back safely!!!
I won't know what camp I'll be at untill I get there.
I have lived in Texarkana for about 10 years now.

I'll end up buying local, support the local guys. ;D
Thanks again ya'll!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Ok just signed up for the forums saw the Arkansas post and had to reply! I actually "accidently"purchased my 08 Raider off of Ebay last Feb(long story) but LOVE the bike! I even drove all the way to Lake Huron, OH in my Nissan truck to pick it up! And yes i loaded in the back to haul it home tight fit but i made it work! Had 900 miles on it when i picked it up now has 4900 and have zero complaints. If you make it up to Hot Springs for the bike rally next year drop me a line!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Ok just signed up for the forums saw the Arkansas post and had to reply! I actually "accidently"purchased my 08 Raider off of Ebay last Feb(long story) but LOVE the bike! I even drove all the way to Lake Huron, OH in my Nissan truck to pick it up! And yes i loaded in the back to haul it home tight fit but i made it work! Had 900 miles on it when i picked it up now has 4900 and have zero complaints. If you make it up to Hot Springs for the bike rally next year drop me a line!
Hey Radarrider, :welcome: to the forum from Searcy!

Just so you know, :eek:ldpost: :beer3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Ok just signed up for the forums saw the Arkansas post and had to reply! I actually "accidently"purchased my 08 Raider off of Ebay last Feb(long story) but LOVE the bike! I even drove all the way to Lake Huron, OH in my Nissan truck to pick it up! And yes i loaded in the back to haul it home tight fit but i made it work! Had 900 miles on it when i picked it up now has 4900 and have zero complaints. If you make it up to Hot Springs for the bike rally next year drop me a line!

Ok, saw the Ark post and gave me a much needed spark to get off my duff and post something.

Welcome to the fourm. You will find it to be a really great place with some outstanding folks but...some advice right off the bat here....there are a few folks you have to watch out for around here, first and foremost there is this guy called RoadKill...real winner...then there is Oops, Uncle Guido, Andy G, Grumpy, Raider Rick,.....and the list goes on. Other than that, there are some really great people here. :roflblack: :roflblack:

Ok, Ok....just kidd'n. I can honestly say that I have not met a bad person yet. You can find a lot of great advice and get some great ideas from many different people.

I went to the Hot Springs Rally this year, had a great time. The only other Raider I noticed was one in the bike show so I guess there are just few around these parts. I plan on going again next year so maybe we can run into each other.

Most importantly, I HIGHLY recommend (to you to LostDog!) that you plan on attending the 2010 Raider Rally this coming August in Asheville NC. The wife and I went last year and I can honestly say that it was one of the best experiences I have had. Some really great rides (Blue Ridge Parkway, Dragons Tail, Grandfather Mountian....) and some truly great people and, most importantly, it is all for a great cause (Mission Childerns Hospital). You wont regret it, that I can promise. :thumbup2:

Anyway, welcome to the group!

Rip

:cheers:

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Just wanted to post the link to the Rally site....check it out and mark it on your calendar!

http://www.customraider.net/raiderrally.html

The picture on the home page is of Grumpy at the Childern's Hospital. We can't figure out who is happier, Grumpy or the kid! :mrgreen:

P.S. I left ChillyRaider off of the "people to watch out for" list! LOL!!

Rip
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top