MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys -

We're working with a custom pipe manufacturer who's designing a superior quality, high performance exhaust system for the Raider.

In order to get performance and fit on this pipe where it has to be, we are looking for a volunteer from the Phoenix, AZ area, who can lend them their bike for testing. They will need your motorcycle for about two weeks, during which time it will be dyno tested extensively.

For your efforts, you will receive the finished pipe Free of Charge. In addition, your bike will have been tested and tuned for maximum performance.

If you're interested, PM me, or send me an email over at Raiderperformance.com

UPDATE - looks like we found our test mule - stay tuned fellas, something really cool is on the horizon - later this season, after all of our bikes are good and broken in, have had that first service, and we can let those 113" breathe...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Has anything come of this. I am not happy with the offerings for the raider. I want something like the mortons but not as junkie...I mean some like the mortons with a full heat shield.

·
Registered
499 Posts
desertraider said:
Has anything come of this. I am not happy with the offerings for the raider. I want something like the mortons but not as junkie...I mean some like the mortons with a full heat shield.
Ditto....

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't received any updates from the manufacturer yet, but the way these development projects go, I expect it's going to be a little longer.

I share your frustration with the current offerings for the bike. As this is the first full season the bike is out, I think we can look forward to more developments throughout the summer and into fall, as everybody catches up with the new bike and the manufacturers hear from owners like us.

The pipe we're talking about here is a 2-into-1 performance system. If you share my desire for a high-quality 2-into-2 swept pipe, flood Vance & Hines with requests to make the Jeff Palhegyi designed system we talked about in this thread here: http://www.mybikeforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,322.msg2596/topicseen.html#new

·
Registered
42 Posts
desertraider said:
Oh well, I just don't care for a 2 into 1 pipe. I don't think it does anything for the look. I am just a dual pipe kinda guy.
I tend to agree, but performance wise 2 into 1's show better number's on a dyno. V&H made some great pipes for the VTX. Used a crossover pipe that provided the back pressure, but gave the appearance of a 2 into 2. The only draw back to them was they were a 2 person install & a real PITA.
I personally think we'll see more offerings, but it's just too soon. The industry needs to see the numbers for units sold to get really fired up. I think once they do we'll see some variety for most everyones taste.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts